Oktoberfast

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

We will watch for everyone at 10:00 at the Hope Dairy Queen. I think Jason is coming with me. It's 6;30 and raining. Will be fun.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

well that was FUN! I made it to the port man (not even) before my clutch master blew out AGIAN.
Blk68510

Post by Blk68510 »

sounds like fun dude, enjoy!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

For those of you that did not make the "Oktoberfast", you missed a 130 MPH sprint to the death. Cool, jazzy driving music playing in the background, sunlight glinting off the Serengetis', beautifull blonds sitting next to us. People cheered us into the Manning lodge.

For those that did come...Hey, we kept it on the road at 75 MPH in horrendous rain, windows all fogged up, and wet passengers sitting beside us. Hydroplane city. Even my H-4's came off the pavement a few times. Thanks to Derek, Tyson and Lady, and Jason for a fun drive. The fall colours were great ( when I could see out my fogged windows) and some of the corners were interesting at speed. There will be more "CANNONBALLS"
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

So the weather was bad? It was quite nice here in Tsawwassen, although i hardly noticed as I was locked to my desk...
D510

Post by D510 »

haha i came in a NewYorker to hope. but then we went back cuz the weather sucked and someone had to fix cams car, which broke down before leaving Coqiutlam. on the way back we hit sun and just flew. flying down the freeway at 170km and everyone just got out of are way. it was great.
-1988 Red Jaguar Solvereign, Cold Airintake, Exhaust, Tint, Alpine Sound System.
-1972 Black 2dr Datsun 510, slammed with Built L20B
gooned

Post by gooned »

yup, it mighta been wet but it was still nice to boot up to manning in the fall, the rain even let up for our return trip!
thanx keith for a nice smooth ride- not often i'm a relaxed passenger, and for those who didn't show :arrow: YA MISSED OUT :mrgreen:
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

I tried....
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Hi Spencer,
Glad to see you actually studied. Missed you, but the weather really was pretty horrible. At least my Datsun is clean. Tyson could not get traction because he kept hydroplanning with the big tires, that was wet.

Keith Law
Derek

Post by Derek »

Just my luck on Sunday to return to sunshine in Vancouver... After suffering from a near total electrical failure while on Hwy1 heading to Hope (no lights, wipers OR radio), I met up with the group and Tyson found the problem -- the insulation of one of the wires under the fuse box had melted off and was shorting to the frame! A quick patch and we were on our way.

The rain was pretty bad, but the hills were worse! I don't think I've held my foot on the floor for a longer amount of time straight. My Kumho 712s worked great in the wet -- hydroplaning only in the deepest puddles, which luckily were only in the straight sections.

Good times were had even with only 3 cars, and the road was great. I'm glad I made the effort to go and get a decent drive in before the real winter sets in.

Here's a picture. 1 pointy, 2 boxy.
Attachments
manning.jpg
manning.jpg (44.22 KiB) Viewed 3833 times
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

Those are a couple nice looking 510's!! And that other thing...well good thing he atleast owns a sweet ass 510!! ;-)
Derek

Post by Derek »

Yeah, I chose the photo where mine looks least ghetto :) Here's a couple more in higher res.
Attachments
manning2.jpg
manning3.jpg
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Ok, It's November, slight snow coming down in WhiteRock as I type, now is the time to REMEMBER back to August. Ten of us whistling down the Duffy Lake road to Lilloet, 75 F. wind blowing in the windows. Byron in the lead, suspension loading and un-loading as we carve through the twisty bits. Hard on the brakes for the next sweeper, then accellerate hard onto the next straight stretch. Stop for photo op at Duffy Lake, the HOT air swirling around us. Remember that stretch from Lilloet to Lytton? Those LONG sections where we just flew along. One ten string line of 510's, SUN glinting off the chrome. HOLD THAT THOUGHT! Next Year!

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Good depression lifter....I think I'll print that in big bold letters, Kieth, and post it somewhere at work....vvrrrrooooom!!
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.