Oktoberfast

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
5teN
Site Admin

Oktoberfast

Post by 5teN »

Who needs Oktoberfest when we can have Oktoberfast?

The idea, from Keith "Cannonball" Law, is to have a cruise through Manning Park and up towards Princeton. At this time of year there will be minimum RV's and traffic!

Here is the Route:
- East from Hope on HW 3 to Manning Park
- North on HW 3 to Princeton *
- North on HW 5A to Merrit **
- Northwest on HW 8 to SPENCER'S (hehe) Bridge
- Southwest on HW 1 to Lytton
- South on HW 1 to Hope

* We could turn around here and go back the way we came
** We could head directly home from here taking the HW 5

When:
-SUNDAY OCT. 19th
- 10.00 AM Chevron leaving HOPE

Let's make the last run of the year a good one!
Attachments
map_popup_thompson.gif
Last edited by 5teN on 18 Oct 2003 15:31, edited 5 times in total.

Post by Guest »

Sounds awesome, and a good route - to bad I'll be in Europe!! Wish I could join you.
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

Who's this? Please sign in!
Blk68510

Post by Blk68510 »

i would go but it doesnt look like i'll have any of my cars worthy of another duffy lake type run in time. However, next summer will be different :twisted:

Post by Guest »

not with out a 5 speed... I can;t keep up on the Coq n shyt... I tried my best on duffy. 4 speed just wont; cut it (anyoen has a dogleg they will donate. I'll go)
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

WTF LET ME POST DAMN IT! WHY THE HELL DID IT LOG ME OUT!!
Derek

Post by Derek »

I'll should be there... My new *borrowed* (thanks Byron!) L16 will be going in my car this week to get my car back on the road while I build my L18. Hopefully this will make up for me missing duffy...

A suggestion: Make it a Saturday to allow for a "rain date" of the Sunday (or perhaps the next weekend). We can pray for good weather all we want, but don't forget where we all live!
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

Derek wrote: A suggestion: Make it a Saturday to allow for a "rain date" of the Sunday (or perhaps the next weekend). We can pray for good weather all we want, but don't forget where we all live!
I think thats a good idea, lets see what others have to say!

the guest post...was that you Byron?

Derek, are you going to want to do some AutoX's soon?
gooned

Re: Oktoberfast

Post by gooned »

5teN wrote: Do we want to head East from Hope on HW 3, through Manning Park, North on HW 3 to Princeton, North on HW 5A to Merrit, NorthWest on HW 8 to SPENCERS (!!!) Bridge, SouthWest on HW 1 to Lytton and then continue South on HW 1 to Hope?

People with experience out in the boonies...(Keith, Byron, Jason) let me know how that sounds and if those are the proper roads. Maybe too far? Perhaps at Merrit we should take the Coq home? (could decide on day?)

Anyways, looks like it could be some fun roads!

How does Sunday, Oct. 19th sound to everyone? We can all stay at Jason's in Abb. or Rich and Don's in Chilliwack!! (hehe, right guys?)

Please post any ideas, comments, times, etc etc and i will update this main post!
well after my race-weekend on sept 27th ( :arrow: at mission come on out!) i'm open aside of anything the social comittie (nicole) has planned, the route is good and yes if its getting late or crappy weather we could shorten it up alot by going the coq home. lets see what kieth says...... :?:

Post by Guest »

5teN wrote:Derek, are you going to want to do some AutoX's soon?
I should be at the VCMC closed club one next weekend, with both cars -- if all goes well!
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

WHen in October. I did'nt see a date. I may have to bring the 240, as 510 may still be in paint booth.
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

Sorry Andrew, no Zed's allowed...hehe, kidding again :-)

It will either be Sat. Oct. 18, or Sun. Oct. 19th....(i think, i just thru that out there)
ajen68510

Post by ajen68510 »

5teN wrote:Sorry Andrew, no Zed's allowed...hehe, kidding again :-)

It will either be Sat. Oct. 18, or Sun. Oct. 19th....(i think, i just thru that out there)
Bastard ! hehehehe, the 18th.......hmmmm, 510 might be ready by then.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

This sounds good to me. All the fall colours, etc.. Lets hope for good weather. One last blast for the Datsuns before the snow flies. How many of you park your cars for the winter? I will write a small tech article on winterizing your car. I store mine in a relatively warm place for the winter....and was really surprised by the amount of moisture damage/pitting on the cyclinder walls and valve seats when we took the motor apart. And I started my car periodically!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

That would be a cool article! I however will be driving my car all winter...unless it snows of course! (ya for public transit! :-S)