PDC Track Days 2016

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Byron510

PDC Track Days 2016

Post by Byron510 »

Hi guys,

I just received this email today regarding PDC's Event Schedule. I know a few Vancouver based guys were looking at doing a rack day this year. I have gone out with these guys before and was well received
Dear members,

Happy new year!!!

We have finalized event dates for the 2016 season, please see below and mark your calendars!

Register for the April 11th event now as spaces are filling up quickly. PDC’s lapping days have up to five sessions of 25 minutes each. That’s 125 minutes - over two hours of track time. Thank you to those who have signed up for the April event....for those that haven’t yet, sign up now to reserve your spot as spaces are limited! Feel free to email us if you have questions. Loaner helmets will be available for this event at a first come first served basis. We have switched all registrations moving forward to the system Motorsportreg for added convenience.

See you at the track!

Mon, Apr 11
Mon, Jun 20
Mon, Jul 25
Mon, Sep 19

Please follow this link to register:

http://performancedriversclub.org/index ... 2016-04-11

Cheers,
Brian Yeung
PDC Event Registrar and had a great time.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
72squirrel

Re: PDC Track Days 2016

Post by 72squirrel »

shotgun!
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Eh Guys,

As I have run with the PDC group in the past, I do get updates from them month to month.

Concerning the 2016 events, I have been sent these updates recently. There was talk of some people entering this year. I can tell you that this group is well organized, and I was well received at the event. There was no doubt that I had the most vintage car at the event. I had 4 sessions that day and trust me it was more than enough.

Byron

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
PDC's 2016 Track Year is Underway

Whether you are a novice or a track-day veteran, you will love the amount of track time that we offer and our experience-based run groups. If you are new to track days, we have the instructors and graduated training program to get you up to speed safely and quickly. As well as learning how to drive quickly on the track, the skills you develop through will help make you a better and safer everyday driver. Beyond that, many of our members have gone on to exciting and successful racing careers.

This is Performance Driving Club's 17th year of providing high performance fun at Mission Raceway Park, a SCCBC sanctioned race course, and we have no plans to stop our high performance activities. PDC's lapping days have up to 120 minutes - two hours! - of track time. On top of that, our event price is still a reasonable $250, taxes included. It is hard to find a better deal than our track events.
PDC has all the features that made its events the gold standard in lapping days, like
• a great atmosphere for everyone from rookies to racers - we have a friendly and positive attitude which make our events enjoyable and memorable;
• grouping participants in graduated sessions, from first timers to novice, intermediate and advanced, so you're always driving with other drivers of similar skills and speed;
• trained instructors - many with a racing background - with driver to instructor headsets so that you can easily communicate with your instructor when necessary;
• one-on-one instruction is available for first timers and novices, followed by solo lapping, so you always get the instruction you need followed by the solo practice time you want;
• instruction on demand for intermediate and advanced drivers;
• open to all vehicles from Minis to McLarens (we have both!) and everything in between so long as it is street legal and has a passenger seat; and
• no-cost pre-event safety inspection and no annual vehicle inspection.
First Event of the Season – Monday, April 11th
Wow, winter is over and it is time for our first event for the year. If you plan on attending a PDC event this year, this is your first chance. And trust us, PDC’s track days are the most fun you can legally have in a car. At the fraction of the cost of a speeding ticket!
Our events are always very well attended and a ton of fun. Good weather, good people and great cars. We cannot ask for better events. So don’t miss out and sign up for this event now!
To register, participants no longer need to register as PDC members (it’s now automatic) and event registration is now being done through MotorsportReg.com. That means no payments through PayPal although you must have a MotorsportReg.com profile, which is easily created at www.motorsportsreg.com.
Registration is now open at http://performancedriversclub.org/index ... 2016-04-11

It doesn’t take an expensive car to have fun on a racetrack. All it takes is a helmet and a need for speed!
List of Helmets valid at PDC’s 2016 Events
For all of PDC’s 2016 events, any the following helmets can be used:
• Snell 2005 or newer SA or M. Speciality Application helmets are regular race (car) helmets and M helmets are motorcycle helmets. Snell M helmets are not acceptable for use in vehicles equipped with roll cages;
• FIA 8860-2004 and 8860-2010; or
• SFI Foundation 31.1A or 31.2A or 31.1/2005.
If your helmet doesn’t meet one of these standards, it cannot be used and you must obtain an alternate helmet. PDC has a small number of helmets for rent at a cost of $25 per helmet per event.
Are Convertibles, Spyders and Targas eligible at PDC Events?
The short answer is “No”. In fact, they are not allowed at any track event in Canada (yes, it is not just PDC to which this rule applies) unless they have an aftermarket roll bar that complies with CACC regulations. In point form, the rules regarding roll over protection are:
• any closed top vehicle does not need any aftermarket roll-over protection,
• convertibles such as Cobras, Miatas and S2000s need a roll bar with supports, not just a roll bar / hoop,
• convertibles such as Porsche Boxsters, Ferrari Spyders and BMW Z3s and Z4s, which have a factory installed roll bar, must instead have a roll bar with supports installed, and
• convertibles such as 911 Cabriolets, Mercedes SLs and SLKs, which have a factory installed roll bar / hoop that automatically pop up in a rollover, must instead have a roll bar with supports installed (presumably that would involve removing the factory pop-up roll bar)
PDC would like to allow convertibles, spyders and targas to participate but the CACC, which issues all permits for clubs to operate at Mission Raceway, has imposed this requirement as part of its Lapping Regulations. If you have one of these vehicles and wish to participate at a PDC track event or an event of another club, please contact PDC’s President (president@performancedriversclub.org) for details of the requirements for aftermarket roll bars that comply with the CACC regulations.
Like PDC on Facebook and Show us your Pics
We want your pictures from a PDC track day (or any other motorsport event) on our Facebook page! Please share them with us!
Volunteers are Welcomed
We often get asked by members how they can become more involved in the Club events. One of the best ways is to assist the Tech Inspection Team with its morning inspection of cars for the event. Not only will you meet some of the executives and other volunteers and participants but you will get a chance to learn about some of the great cars and their owners that take part in our events.

Contact our Tech Team Captain, Rob Boznik at ttc@performancedriversclub.org if you want to assist or drop me a note at president@performancedriversclub.org if you want to work in any other capacity.
PDC offers a Sensible Alternative to Street Racing
PDC encourages every member to spread the message that street racing is stupid. We love our cars and we love driving fast. But there is only one place for high speed driving - on the racetrack. If you know someone who needs a little education about high performance driving, encourage them to join PDC. It will definitely be the biggest favour you can do for them. It could save their life.
Take it to the Track.....
Michael Provenzano
President
Performance Drivers Club
www.performancedriversclub.org

And this most recent one this past weekend;

Dear PDC Members,

Our first event at Mission Raceway Park is only 3 weeks away. Get your gears ready! Register for the April 11th
event now as spaces are filling up quickly. PDC’s lapping days have up to five
sessions of 25 minutes each. That’s 125 minutes - over two hours of track
time. Thank you to those who have signed up for the April event....for those that
haven’t yet, sign up now to reserve your spot as spaces are limited! Feel free
to email us if you have questions. Loaner helmets will be available for this
event at a first come first served basis.
We have switched all registrations moving forward to the system Motorsportreg
for added convenience. Please follow the link below and if you have any
questions, please email us. See you at the track!

Please follow this link to register:
http://performancedriversclub.org/index ... 2016-04-11

Cheers,
Brian Yeung
PDC Event Registrar
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Eh Guys, anyone interested in attending the June 20th PDC track day?

It's a Monday as their events are usually held during the week as the track is only available then.

http://performancedriversclub.org/index ... r_may_2016

Their two other events this year will be Monday, July 25th and Monday, September 19th. It's be great if we could attend one of these events this year with at least a few 510's as a group. I'm pretty sure cost was $200, but the seat time will be over an hour. I think we ran 4x 20 minute sessions last time. Thoughts anyone?

Tech is pretty straight forward and just makes sense, the days rules are pretty simple as well;

http://performancedriversclub.org/index ... ent_rules/

Norm, Kieth, James, Aron - anyone else interested? I'd blow the winter dust off the Bronze for this event.

Byron
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

No, I cannot make this one.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

bertvorgon wrote:No, I cannot make this one.
Kieth, will either of the other two dates work for you - could we plan for it?

Byron
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I could plan for either of one days. It would be great to actually get my car on track.....with a couple of other 510's would be a bonus.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?