Canby 2017

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
BillF
Supporter

Re: Canby 2017

Post by BillF »

Sounds like Lou deserves more than the long-distance award -- Kenny Luckenbill posted on facebook that he encountered wet pavement and a guard rail on his way back home :cry: :^( https://www.facebook.com/groups/205795212890718/

bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Crap, so sorry to see that!

That is exactly why I wimped out with the weather the way it was for the drive down, my R compound tires are just NOT made for rain, specially standing water.

Hopefully that is only cosmetic. I'm not on facebook so could not see any details..if any.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

Ah man that's not good, Lou sorry to hear about this, PM me I may have a grill and grill surround trim for you!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Fun trip!

Got a pic of Byron's rolling coal 510 on the way back. :)

"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Hey Byron

I'm not from Maryland, I'm from New Hampshire and my Yellow Box flared 510 has the S14 NA SR20DE just like Kelvin's. Matter of fact, Kelvin and i did the conversion at about the sametime. It was great meeting you and everyone else, we'll have to do this again 8>)
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Three B's Racing
Supporter

thanks guys i appreciate it all. The drivers side CV axle went bad on me and I believe it may have had a bind that tossed me into the spin. The left had sweeper we were into we were running at about 55mph and I heard a bang and away I went and just tapped a jersey barrier. It could have been waaaaaay worse so luck I am is an understatement. It'll get fixed I've got the technology= BEER 8>)
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Three B's Racing wrote:Hey Byron

I'm not from Maryland, I'm from New Hampshire and my Yellow Box flared 510 has the S14 NA SR20DE just like Kelvin's. Matter of fact, Kelvin and i did the conversion at about the sametime. It was great meeting you and everyone else, we'll have to do this again 8>)
Thanks Lou - information corrected on the previous page, thanks for putting that straight :-) It was late when I posted all these photos, should have been paying closer attention.

It was great to meet you, thank you for driving all the way across the country to meet with us. I'm glad your incident wasn't worse as you said, trust that the repairs will be painless and straight forward.

Take care and we'll look forward your next outing.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Bleach

Post by Bleach »

Here is a video of Canby 2017 on Sunday

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilU48QA-YOM
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Bleach.... bleach bleach bleach... where do I know that user name from...

...was it from the old POTD show?!? What ever happened to that show anyway?
Bleach

Post by Bleach »

Yes I am the organizer of the POTD show. After the 2012 show, I took a break from Datsuns for several years. Nobody took any photos of the 2012 show. I'm back now and we did have a Datsun meet in Seattle for May of this year. It was a smaller turnout, about a dozen cars.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMx6zLPfhBQ

Moving forward I'll be making short videos of events rather than picture galleries.
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

Steve Wishman and his wife from DatsunCrush.com came out to Canby this year and filmed for 3 days to document our show for us, they couldn't have picked a better year to do it, you can find these videos on his site DatsunCrush.com, datsunsNW and youtube, they feature the 3 days of Canby, John Morton Q & A with Byron and some interviews with some Datsun truck owners, top notch work to say the least, can't imagine how much work went into all this! Please visit his site and check out his other videos and things for sale.

Big thanks to Steve and his wife, lets hope they are willing to come to our 2018 Canby show
510tdi

Post by 510tdi »

I've been busy since the Canby show but wanted to say what a great job Steve and crew did. Really sorry about Lou's accident.
Also want to give thumbs up for the excellent videos that have been posted. Kudos all around.
In case someone's missed it, this one's stellar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrkLoRTu35U
Three B's Racing
Supporter

510tdi wrote:I've been busy since the Canby show but wanted to say what a great job Steve and crew did. Really sorry about Lou's accident.
Also want to give thumbs up for the excellent videos that have been posted. Kudos all around.
In case someone's missed it, this one's stellar.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VrkLoRTu35U
They did do an excellent job didn't they? Even with the rain it ROCKED!!! The 510's structural damage is 90% completed, the front facia is straightened out and soon to be stripped and mudded straight along with a bit of hood fixin. The fenders fiberglass work will be last because I like to save the easy stuff for last. I'm going to modify the front spoiler to fit the bottom of the facia because I never really liked the look of it's position. Dave Qwik510 has all the little replacement bits I need and I'll soon have those but wanted to thank everyone for their comments, well wishes and offering of parts.
- John Lennon