Canby 2017

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
OSGiken510

Re: Canby 2017?

Post by OSGiken510 »

I'll have to get out to some our local micro brewers and give you a taste of some Portland beers.

We are going to have some kids shirts made this year and was hoping to get a heads up on how many to expect, if you want to pm me on size and how many that will help us, there will only be a limited amount! This years shirts are pretty cool IMO.

S
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

Hey Datsun guys and gals, I've got some exciting news for the DatsunsNW 2017 Canby show, John Morton will be at our show Sat. and Sun, yes the one and only John Morton BRE championship driver, he will be there for signing, Banquet dinner, Q and A and some racing stories after dinner and John Mortons best of show pick Sunday! Please visit our web site for more info.

Steven Pepka Pres.
DatsunsNW
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

OSGiken510 wrote:Hey Datsun guys and gals, I've got some exciting news for the DatsunsNW 2017 Canby show, John Morton will be at our show Sat. and Sun, yes the one and only John Morton BRE championship driver, he will be there for signing, Banquet dinner, Q and A and some racing stories after dinner and John Mortons best of show pick Sunday! Please visit our web site for more info.

Steven Pepka Pres.
DatsunsNW
Awesome!!! He was Grand Marshall at Summit Point in I believe it was 2012. He came by our camp site and hung for a while and took pics with us and our banner.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
510tdi

Post by 510tdi »

Wow,
John-freakin'-Morton!? And the Eastern Caravan!!? Canby 2017 is lookin' pretty epic!

Does anybody know if the east coast farmer that bought the sweet 510 (from DENWERKS in Salem) on Bring a Trailer is planning to be there? Apparently its motor was built by the BRE guys back in the day.

It would also be cool to get Robert Johnson to bring his phenomenal BRE clone up from California. And John Weyland's White Zombie electric 1200 and maybe somebody's Group B FJ20 Sylvia and Adam Corolla's Paul Newman 300ZX and................
KoHeartsGPA

Post by KoHeartsGPA »

You guys ready for this???!!!!
Diego.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

KoHeartsGPA wrote:You guys ready for this???!!!!
Oh yeah... well maybe not right now, but I'm going come hell or high water!

I booked in at the Canby Country Inn as there are only 2 hotels in town - this one is $85/night room only and an OK place to lay my head. I plan to head down Friday at some point.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Byron, refresh my memory, were you taking family members or soloing it?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Unsure at the moment. If the family came down, it would be in a second vehicle as I have only one passenger seat. I had considered taking the L13 car - you know, and leave two days before you and arrive at about the same time. But since John Morton will be there, I will bring the Bronze due to it's BRE connection through Bob Stevens and Trevor Harris. That's just the right thing to do. My daughter might join me at this point. She's grown just a little since the last time I came down with her to Canby. I booked a room just in case. I'd love to tent it, but it takes a bit more gear, that's all.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Ok, I thought if you were by yourself, I would gladly split the room with you.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

I'm almost ready for this!

Looking forward to Sat night around the fire ring and visiting with everyone.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

OSGiken510 wrote:I'm almost ready for this!

Looking forward to Sat night around the fire ring and visiting with everyone.
Fire ring as in Shasta fire ring? you know white 5 gallon bucket placed over a bright electric lantern :lol: Is this still Red Cup cover up time? Can't wait and hopefully it won't Summit Point on us, aka; Rain :evil:

Mine is the Yellow Box Flared one. The blue 510 second one behind me belonged to Turbo Tom built my Brian Feldman and hosts a KA24E Turbo sporting some 300 conservative HP.

Summit Point 2009 I think.
2561212488_50a8125ee5_b.jpg
2561212488_50a8125ee5_b.jpg (502.7 KiB) Viewed 4735 times
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

The Canby fairgrounds allows a small propane 14" fire ring, good for enough light to visit and keep your feet warm if the circle doesn't get to big, which it almost always does. Those red cups can keep your hands cold.

Looks like a real nice box flare car! Will it be at Canby? We don't see to many boxed cars at Canby, maybe 2-3 each year. I have a box flare car also, I need to work on posting some pics sometime.
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

Things are coming along nicely & final details getting worked out for our show, hope to see a large turn out like past years! We have a great dinner menu planned and the post dinner Q & A session with John Morton and we'll finish up the weekend with the show on Sunday!

We will have a limited supply of Sylvia Wilkinson's "The Stainless Steel Carrot" the expanded version of her book with more than 150 photo's detailing the Trans-Am's 2.5 Challenge series in 1972. And John Morton's "Inside Shelby American" about Johns time with Shelby. Get there early to get your sighed copy!

Now's the time to order your posters and shirts from BRE, polish up that glove box cover or dig out that old memorabilia you want John to sign. Really looking forward to this year and seeing everyone again, thanks for all your support over the years, go Canby 2017, the year of John Morton!

Steven
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Would he sign my ORIGINAL copy of the Stainless steel carrot you think?

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

So I just freed up some time and am going to be going down. Keith, Byron when are you heading down? I just booked the hotel for 2 nights(only 5 rooms left now apparently). All I have to do is get another transmission in the old girl and I will be ready to go.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?