Let's plan a drive

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Let's plan a drive

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Ok so I'm getting tired of driving by myself. I'd like to get at least a few cars out for a drive one Saturday. Maybe fort casey again? I think the run to pentiction would be fun again. I just drove it Friday and it looks like the paying will be done soon. There is still a good amount of the twisty sections left and after manning is new pavement. I'm up for leaving at a silly early time to miss some traffic.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: Let's plan a drive

Post by bertvorgon »

YUP! I will post up my story of Penticton later today, what a BLAST!

I think Fort Casey would be fun to do again, maybe into early July.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I saw a lot of nice cars on my drive to Osoyoos and more than a few broken down Mustangs. That must have been a good show.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Story finished, just have to re-size pictures for posting. This show was way better than Langley, just some cool vehicles that were not cars too.

What really did hit was the money value sitting here, STAGGERING to say the least and then the financial support all these people give both to the aftermarket industries and then the local economy. You should have seen the lines ups at the food vendors! I bet they made more money just on this day than the rest of the tourist season.

I have NEVER seen a line up to go pee at a men's washroom before either, just crazy.

The Lake has been so high that the water table is up of course, so all the peoples houses across the street had pumps running to pump out their basements.

I'm away for a week in the mountains, so when I'm back we can look at the calendar for a drive.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
66DUCE

Post by 66DUCE »

just saw your post FUNWITHMONKEYS I was just proposing the same thoughts on Kieth's post from Penticton... I think there must be a number of us that have cars insured in the lower mainland that could get together for a cruise? Byron/ James/ Jamie? (sorry ran out of names that I know!!) :)
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

The EARLY leave time is the only reality now, if we want to have a run with as little traffic as possible. Ever more so if it is ONLY a two lane road.

I was asked at the car show about a Duffy lake run.....NO WAY now, as it is just too busy and the Sea to Sky corridor is horrible now, with traffic jams in Whistler and that damn light at Brittania Beach, where the traffic backs up to Shannon falls. The Lytton to Lillooet is just horrible with cross ridges for 62 Km..THUMP,THUMP,THUMP. I will be traveling that in the Tracker tomorrow.

Fort Casey is where we should head, or, Winthrop. Fort Casey shorter day.
Attachments
IMGP0252 (Small).JPG
IMGP0252 (Small).JPG (66.36 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
IMGP0224 (Small).JPG
IMGP0224 (Small).JPG (67.54 KiB) Viewed 3037 times
IMGP0203 (Small).JPG
IMGP0203 (Small).JPG (159.95 KiB) Viewed 3037 times

Keith Law
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I have never been to Winthrop. I would be in for that. I wish I had drove my car to Osoyoos Friday instead of the 6000lb Ram pickup. That new pavement is great. I did get way better fuel economy in the truck than I would have gotten in the car.
Idoxlr8

Post by Idoxlr8 »

I'm in.

I'll once again provide the White in the red/white and blue. It is 'Merica after all.

Dean
260z owner
510 wannabe