DatsunNW & Canby, please read!!

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
OSGiken510

DatsunNW & Canby, please read!!

Post by OSGiken510 »

Hello to all our past and present Datsun Northwest members and Datsun community in general.

For the past 13 years Datsun Northwest and crew have enjoyed a great time putting on many Datsun events like BBQ's, cruises, parties and of coarse, Canby, our 3 day camp out car show.

Canby has been a unique car experience to the Northwest Datsun community, with many great friends and memories made thoughout the years. That being said, it is with great displeasure that we have to announce. Datsuns Northwest has closed it's doors. We are packing it in. Canby will be no more.

Dave and Julie did a great running the show for the first ten years, then Steven took the reins for the last three years and had great success bringing Datsun racing icons, John Morton and Peter Brock to our show. These last three years were the most successful and the best yet! Thanks to Steven's leadership, we can be proud to say, Datsuns Northwest, and the Canby show is leaving on a high note.

Datsuns Northwest will be donating all of our leftover funds, shirts, sweatshirts, and any other supplies to the people of Paradise, California to help them after their tragic 2018 wildfires.

Thank you to all the Datsun Northwest members and volunteers that helped keep us going for 13 years. Thank you to all the hard core Datsun owners, from all over the world, for supporting us and the Canby show all these years!

Make sure to check our web site occasionally, as we will be continuing to do cruises and get together's in this next coming year.

Cheers, Datsuns Northwest

Steven Pepka
DNW President
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: DatsunNW & Canby, please read!!

Post by funwithmonkeys »

This is sad to hear. I made it for the first time this year and it was a great time. You out on a great show that will be missed. Thank you for all the hard work you put in to put on the show.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Thank You Dave and Julie for starting such a great event and thank you Mr. Pepka for continuing the show that allowed for some East Coast 510ers to take that drive to Canby and enjoy the show, "We Enjoyed The Show And Ride"
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Steve, we do thank you and the Datsun Northwest group for all the effort that resulted in great times that we’ve been able to enjoy. The Canby show was always a highlight to the start of summer. And you certainly did us all a great favour by brining both John Morton and Pete Brock to us here in the PNW, many many thanks for this.
To the whole crew at Datsun Northwest, I wish you all the best and thank you greatly for your contributions.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That's what I get for being a wimp about the weather, I was determined to go this year regardless! The Canby show, the two times I went, are the highlights of my 510 road trips, so I am sorry to see you go. As others said, it was an amazing event to bring so many enthusiasts together.

As a past organizer of some large events, I know there comes a time when a person or group have to move on, all the best, maybe many more will make the trek to Canada.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
apm

Post by apm »

Sad to hear that. I always enjoyed going to the Canby Datsun event. Such a cool experience, but I imagine the amount of work and time needed to organize these events. Thanks a lot for all your hard work!
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

https://ratsun.net/topic/74833-canbypow ... nt-1593784

Not much farther south and just north of Salem. Might happen. Same weekend in June too.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
KoHeartsGPA

Post by KoHeartsGPA »

Yeah, I pointed him this direction to post here since many of realmers don't care for ratsun.
Diego.
Jbirds510

Post by Jbirds510 »

Hi datzen mike! First off, it was great to meet you last year at Canby even as brief as it was. Secondly, thank you very much for forwarding the link, that was excellent of you!
KoHeartsGPA, really appreciate your suggestion to come post the event here along with the other location it was posted. c/s
OSGiken510

Post by OSGiken510 »

Thanks for all the kind words guys, it means a lot to me and DNW.