Knox mountain

Shows, cruises & motorsport events.
Ratsun

Knox mountain

Post by Ratsun »

Where is it located and can only race cars enter? is it still on the may long weekend.
Nickel-n-Dimer

Post by Nickel-n-Dimer »

Kelowna, B.C., May long Weekend
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Most of us that go and watch are just cheering on the few 510's that still show up. Come join us in the campground, you don't need to be a racer - just a 510 freak will do!
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
///FiveOneOh

Post by ///FiveOneOh »

just dont; try go up in a 1/2 running wagon...
stuffedbluebird

Post by stuffedbluebird »

You need to have a few things to pass tech, depending on what class you are in.... some can go with a roll bar, some classes need a full cage, inside kill switch, outside kill switch, basically a safe car that passes tech, good suspension, no structural rust, helmet is a must, as is fire suit in some classes.....
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I seem to remember that FIA/ASN or whoever it was forced them to mandate a full-cage minimum which prevented a lot of people from running quasi-streetable cars (like Keith's car)

???
10K_plus

Post by 10K_plus »

Good fun for sure I go when I can this year I am pretty sure I am gonna go whuu Huu!
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

510rob wrote:I seem to remember that FIA/ASN or whoever it was forced them to mandate a full-cage minimum which prevented a lot of people from running quasi-streetable cars (like Keith's car)

???
but the Tigers usually don't, but I thought the same as you...they even failed someone last year in a Corvair becuse of his cage.

I should be showing up Sunday ( I hope ), my sister's getting married on the Sunday and I'm not sure of the plans for the whole weekend.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Some cars were granfathered on the full cage thing. Others, like mine and Cam's HAVE to have full cages ( good thing to have at Knox) Has anyone heard if Knox is a go this year? I heard a rumble that JIM KELLERMAN is not going to organize this year. Has anyone else stepped up to the plate?
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

I think Byron talked to someone who made him believe it would be happening! So there must be a very good chance. It is also shown on the CACC solo schedule.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I just e-mailed Jim K. about it; I'll let you know what he has to say about who is behind the administration/organization of it this year. I know he has a couple of playful young kids and a wife to take care of outside of the race scene "family", so...
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Jim K got back to Malcolm last week, and the Knox event is a go - Jim just won't be at the helm, although he said he was going to help out. So let's go, I'll be there to help Kieth if you are planning on attending, Sean has the time booked off work to run the 1200, and Malc's building a motor......
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Here's the reply I got from Jim K. last night...

"Rob, as far as I know, right now no one is in charge of the hillclimb for 2004. You could try Ken S."

...so I e-mailed Ken S. to see what he might have to say about it...
stuffedbluebird

Post by stuffedbluebird »

You need a cage depending on what swap you have... I know that swaps with forced induction, such as keiths car must have a cage. and if they failed a coviar because of its cage, it must have been one crappy cage!!! they pass cages that look like they were welded by 2 year olds... And like keith said, nice to have a cage for knox even if it wasnt required, if you have ever gone up knox at over 100mph, you would be wanting a cage, its a tight, sometimes scarry course
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I apologize, that letter was from Ken Stone, not Jim Keller. Sorry.