So wait a sec...

Problems, Comments, Questions regarding the website
defdes
Supporter

So wait a sec...

Post by defdes »

I know some others down here in the Flatlands have had some difficulty logging on for the last 36 hours, but from the looks of the times of new posts, it looks like the trouble was from just a few specific servers and not a site problem?
Damn. I've got withdrawl.
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: So wait a sec...

Post by datzenmike »

I was denied my fix till around noon yesterday but good since. There are still others that can't visit form doon south.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Well, I am staying on for the rest of the day...just in case.
Any reason you know of for the interruption?
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I'm back!!! Shit I was on NorthWestNissans.com for a bit there :shock:
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Dimebag

Post by Dimebag »

yeah, i couldn't get on for the past day and a bit. At first i thought it might be my work IT dept getting tough, but my home computer couldn't find the site either...
John Thiessen
72 Wagon
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

icehouse wrote:I'm back!!! Shit I was on NorthWestNissans.com for a bit there :shock:
Dude...you hit rock bottom.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

I've had no troubles getting onto the site yesterday or today, but, I didn't try until the evening....
Jason
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I couldn't get on earlier at work either......
Damn, I had no other choice but get back to work - maybe it's a new initiative from the current administration to make us all more productive :D
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

defdes wrote:
icehouse wrote:I'm back!!! Shit I was on NorthWestNissans.com for a bit there :shock:
Dude...you hit rock bottom.
HAHA there sight can be entertaining :D There were some kids asking what kinda ITB's where on a fancy race car, the funny part was they were carbs :D

I'm just glad it's fixed :D
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

As some of you went through withdrawls yesterday...and we all have gone through that a times with this site, I
re-offer my old story I wrote years ago...as I went through driving withdrawl through a long winter...enjoy..

TALES FROM THE GREAT ROLLING DYNO

I hope you all had a great Christmas and New Years! I thought I should let you know what I did over the Holidays. These sort of admissions are hard to do, but, I would rather you heard it from the horse's mouth so to speak. Over the holidays I decided to finally admit I have a DRUG habit and tried to check myself into the Betty Ford Clinic for some re hab.
Arriving at the Vancouver clinic, I was greeted by a very matronly woman, a cross between June Cleaver and Mother Teresa. We proceeded to have the following conversation:
"Good morning Mister Law, are you here on you own admission?" "Yes," I replied.
"Good, good, part of dealing with these problems is first admitting them to your self." She said.
"Yes." I replied.
"Now, what is YOUR particular problem?" She asked.
"Well, I am addicted to SPEED." Said I.
"Oh My," she said, "this is serious. How long have you been doing this?"
"Twenty years!" I replied.
"My, you will be a challenge." She said. "We like Challenges."
"Good, so do I. When I am speeding with my friends, I like a good challenge!" I replied.
"Gracious! You do speed in group situations?" She said, sounding slightly alarmed.
"Oh yes, when ever I can!" I replied.
"Really, do you have some sort of long term prescription or do you get your speed illegally on the street?" She queried.
"Oh, I have a subscription to Circle Track, Car & Driver, and, I try to limit my speeding on the highway." I replied.
"Whaa..t?" She says. "Now, now, just what are your symptoms after doing speed for this long?" She asked. "We need to get a handle on exactly what your withdrawal symptoms may be like."
"Symptoms? Hmmm. A few days before an event I start to imagine the speed building up on the main straight." I replied.
"Wow, your Main lining your speed!?" She said, sounding quite alarmed.
"Whaa..t?" I said. I was starting to get worried.
"Do you have the classic symptoms while under the influence of speed?" She asked.
"I am not sure what "classic" is." I replied. "My friends seem to get the same thing. Sweaty palms, excitability, butterflies in the stomach, blurred vision, shortness of breath, the love of feeling the "G" forces build as the car slides into a corner."
"Whaa...tt!?" She says. "You drive under the influence of speed?"
"Whaa..t!" I said, truly concerned now. "How else can you experience true speed if not in a race car!"
"Whaa..t?" She says. "What the HELL are you talking about?"
"SPEED! SPEED! Hit the throttle, row it through the gearbox, battle inertia under braking, toss the car into a corner, slide, more throttle, accelerate hard, up through the gears again..... SPEEEED!" I shouted.
"My GOD!!" She screamed. "Your one of THEM!! Your incurable. We have tried all sorts of therapy. Gardening, walking, books, sex, and, some even tried that un exciting sport of hockey. All failed. All went back to Racing. We have no cure for you, Mr.Law."
"But, But, now is a good time. I can't race till spring. My car is on blocks. There is nothing I can do. PLEEAAASSSEEE!!! HHeelp!!!"
"Out! Or I will call a cop!" She spit at me. "You're ALL the same. The race schedule comes out and the days are marked on the calendar. Then the car preparation. Then the new tire purchase. Then that last minute, feverish countdown to the race. Give up, admit defeat, you're doomed!"
I left. I tried. She's right.
At least I'm not going down myself. See you in the spring, side by side, flat out in fifth.....SPEEDING..AAHHH!!!
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

:lol: :lol: :lol:
at least you still have all your teeth :mrgreen:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.