spammer

Problems, Comments, Questions regarding the website
bertvorgon
Supporter

spammer

Post by bertvorgon »

We need to get rid of this frigg'in fredacarelt...how did that get past our filter????!!

What a bullshit thing to do.....
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
datzenmike
Supporter

Re: spammer

Post by datzenmike »

datzenmike wrote:
rnorrish wrote:all right.... which one of us green men approved this one?
510rob wrote:The moderator logs do not show any information about "approved post" at or around the time of this user's first post, which implies that none of us approved this user, which means ?!? This isn't the first time that a new user has somehow managed to bypass the '1st post' approval process. Either way, one or two slipping through the cracks doesn't seem like the end of the world to me. But that little dripping leak in the dam is where the failure slowly starts...

who knows...
Can't someone just ban and delete?
Ha ha ha talking about it isn't doing it. :lol: Who has the football?

"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Commander Vorgon! The enemy has launched two more at us sir.

They've hit us in the General Technical.
Last edited by datzenmike on 16 Jan 2010 11:20, edited 1 time in total.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
510rob

Post by 510rob »

Ironically I'm reading Plato's Republic right now...

Users accounts like the one in question, and the spam posted under that account name are the kind of crap the mods have been dealing with on a weekly and sometimes daily (hourly?) basis - this is simply one that slipped though the cracks, and we let it continue - funny how fast junk like this can accumulate! This is a small taste of the garbage that normally gets filtered out (by the mods) so you get to enjoy a cool, smooth, and refreshing experience at the 510 Realm. We have to make it that way, actively.

Your wish is my command; I will remove the offensive material, ban the user account, and continue on my journey...
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

I understand Rob, just taking a chance to have some fun. The mod's job is a thankless task. Thanks for all you do.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

20 minutes later, the realm is scrubbed clean
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Thanks Guys, I knew you are always working in the back ground.

This stuff should have been made totally illegal years ago, with death as the penalty.

I get so much spam at work now, it is unbelievable. I have to go through all the spam quickly, just in case my filter has pitched a real message into it. What a waste of time.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I do not do it for praise. It is simply my just duty as the service I can provide to sociological institution known as the 510 Realm "hippie collective".

Keith, you provide wisdom from years of service and competition. Mike you do as well. I simply sweep the floor so the room remains clean. After all, no one likes a messy house.
iceD

Post by iceD »

Amen

ice D 8)
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I love the "hippie collective", which, looking at my join date of 2003, I have watched mature into an incredible wealth of real information, with a base of super great people, looking after each other. Kinda appropriate really, having evolved FROM the hippie era myself........

Keith Law
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

I worked on this guy for 20 minutes this morning - I couldn't keep up! He just kept on pasting the page - I eventually had to give in and go to work! Thanks for finishing the job, Rob.
Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

they're back! :twisted:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
5teN
Site Admin

Post by 5teN »

sorted out. There was another just yesterday...What is going on!

I'll have to see if there is a security update or if I need to change some settings (again).
hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

another fine job :!:
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.