Ka24de high idle problem.

datzenmike
Supporter

Re: Ka24de high idle problem.

Post by datzenmike »

They are usually on the far side of the engine. Maybe the intake pulses can affect it?? Try borrowing a longer inlet. I wouldn't think it would bother idle but maybe there is a good reason.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

It is said that if you mount the MAF too close to the throttle you'll get reversion pulses that'll mess up the MAF reading. I had a 6" elbow mounted to the KA throttle body and the MAF mounted to that and had zero issues.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
draga240z

Post by draga240z »

Thanks for the help :D I found a universal flex pipe in my junk and it actually made a lil diffrence but still there im gonna try to find out about the air regulator how datzenmike mentioned ohh and also the o2 sensor thanks alot ill keep you guys posted
fo0manchu

Post by fo0manchu »

have you checked your maf? Could be faulty. Try unplugging the maf while the engine is on, does it make a difference? If not replace that. Or maybe you need to clean it? Did you mess with the tps sensor at all? are all your harness plugs on correctly?
Take a picture of your engine and post it. Perhaps you are still missing a vacuum line somewhere. I remember mine was idling rough until I routed the valve cover breather back into my intake.
draga240z

Post by draga240z »

when i un-plug the maf it does make a difference i havent messed with the tps i will post picks later today thanks you fo0manchu. Datzenmike the de motor does have a IACV here is a diag pic
Attachments
42130913.gif
fo0manchu

Post by fo0manchu »

now that i think of it, my buddies 280z had the same problem. Engine would start but run ruff and anything over around 15 or 20 psi of fuel pressure it would sputter and die. Ended up being clogged fuel lines. His were clogged at the tank. After clearing this out, it idled fine. Try unplugging the fuel line at the fuel rail, turn on the fuel pump, and see how much fuel is coming out. Make sure you have a bucket, because it should squirt out pretty far.
I would also recomend getting a vaccuum gauge and seeing what kind of vaccuum pressure you are getting.(if you haven't done so already)
draga240z

Post by draga240z »

fo0manchu Thanks for helping i havent checked the fuel lines and that makes lots of scence im gonna see if i could do that today
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

If you have access to the FSM, why aren't you following the troubleshooting tree for diagnosing a bad MAF? Just guessing at this or that without verifying systems along the way, you're never going to get anywhere.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
draga240z

Post by draga240z »

Hello, right now I'm having problems here at home my computer was messed with they broke in to my house so I've been like crazy these mothaf*****$ just screwed everything up so it will be a lil before I could get back its kind of hard to load everything on my cell phone. Thanks guys for all the help and info and yes I will go through the fsm and see what I could find on there