anyone made their own bumpsteer spacers?

jesusno2

anyone made their own bumpsteer spacers?

Post by jesusno2 »

I just got my lathe back from idaho, I'd like to make some of these spacers and was curious if anyone else has made their own. I know their not terribly expensive to buy but I need a project and thought these would be a good one. I fella told me he made some out of tubing? Curious on how that was done.
ktberube

Re: anyone made their own bumpsteer spacers?

Post by ktberube »

I'll try to find my cad drawing for you. Give me a day or two. If you are making your own, you can make them taller that normal if your car needs it (e.g. don't limit yourself to what everyone else has, make it to the size YOUR car needs).
jesusno2

Post by jesusno2 »

a drawing would be great! Please post that up or pm me ill give ya me email addy.
jesusno2

Post by jesusno2 »

Bump
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Trace the bottom of your strut, drill-punch the holes for the bolts, cut it out, tape it to the strut bottom and rub a pencil to get the ID of the cavity. Then go to town.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
ktberube

Post by ktberube »

I only found an old hardcopy of the spacer dimensions. I'll try to recreate on AutoCad in the next day or two and post it.