fuel system questions

bertvorgon
Supporter

Re: fuel system questions

Post by bertvorgon »

This is a picture of my Hobbs switch, mounted remotely on the lower frame rail. This runs my BIG, low pressure warning light on the dash. Yes, you could use it to trigger the stock light, but, IMHO, you want the light to come on at a much higher pressure. The stock light comes on a 5 PSI..at that point the damage is done if you have been having an issue and are beating on the motor. You can set these Hobbs switches through a large range. I have mine set to come on, in street driving mode, at 45 PSI, and in race mode at 50 PSI.
Attachments
block fitting showing line going to distribution block
block fitting showing line going to distribution block
Hobbs Switch for low oil pressure light, mounted on distribution block for oil pressure gauge and turbo feed line
Hobbs Switch for low oil pressure light, mounted on distribution block for oil pressure gauge and turbo feed line
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
banzai510(hainz)

Re: fuel system questions

Post by banzai510(hainz) »

this fit in a L series block as they are 1/8 BSP
http://www.autometer.com/cat_accessorie ... spx?vid=59

most generic senders/fittings are 1/8NPT they will go in a L series block partially but dont reccoment it. use the fitting above as a adapter.

On most oil pressure kits they sell a cheap plastic line. I try to carry a stock oil pressure sender in the car incase a plastic line will break out in middle of no where.
I had a plastic taiwan bline crack on me. I bought a autometer line after that or hget some thing more staout as Keith has.

photo is of my adapter set up to a VDO oil gauge on my beater.
Attachments
oiladapterpressure.jpg