REAR SPRINGS

619sd510

REAR SPRINGS

Post by 619sd510 »

Just a quick generic question.

What type of springs (from another car etc...) are similar to stock rear springs for a 510?

Are there any similar in size, but have a higher spring rate?

thanks - Chris
jason
Supporter

Re: REAR SPRINGS

Post by jason »

Front springs from a Dodge D50 Pickup, a little stiffer too.
Jason
619sd510

Post by 619sd510 »

jason wrote:Front springs from a Dodge D50 Pickup, a little stiffer too.
Any particular year? I see there are D50s from the late 70's and some in the late 80's as well.
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

I think mine where out of the 4 cylinder mid 80's version. Try and get the 6 cylinder ones, they're stiffer than the 4 cylinder ones.
Jason
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

619sd510 wrote:Any particular year? I see there are D50s from the late 70's and some in the late 80's as well.
Depends on the rate you're looking to achieve.

I documented one D50 spring here:

DQ Volume 9 Issue 2 - Tech How-To: Dodge D50 Coil Springs -- Dodge D50 front coil springs are commonly suggested for use in the rear of a 510 sedan. DQ documents one specific D50 spring for length, rate, and resulting ride height.

Goes into rate, cutting necessary, and resulting ride height. When I was done I calculated 155 in/lb wheel rate, I forget the actual spring rate but you can do the math.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I went to Pull A Part and got a set of D50 springs. I would never do it again. Pain in the ass to pull and they didn't feel any stiffer to me. I would rather order some springs than pull D50 units.....
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

$70 from RockAuto, and they deliver!
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson