distributor shaft bushings

CP

distributor shaft bushings

Post by CP »

does anybody know where a can find distributor shaft bushings. without having to buy the whole distributor..
Boaty

Post by Boaty »

Your bushings went out? I've never heard of that..
Where to buy bushings... you know it seems as if we had to do that on my dad's old jimmy, before we put the solid-state ignition in it. If I remember right, we went to a GM dealer and had them order stock bushings (bearings, I think it was, though..)

You might try Nissan, but I doubt they'll have anything for an older ignition like what's on the Datsuns.

If you can't find it at one of those places, or at your autoparts store and what-not, I'd hit a junkyard for them, but I think it'd be cheaper for a distributor. Some junkyards are just plain.. ehem.. pricy.
Maybe Tob knows where some are. He usually has stuff layin' around or knows where he can find some things.
Steve Boatman
Grants Pass, OR
1971 510 2DR | KA24DE
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

is it an old points one? or newer electric ign.?

if it's points, look into upgrading.
if it's electonic, try Nissan or a local parts store...you could get lucky. I have never changed them myself, I have just swapped it out for another dizzy, and put the worn out one in the "to do" pile.
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.