Aftermarket Guages

sspikey

Post by sspikey »

Guys just try the BF series for 10 seconds
u will FREAK out at the response and smoothness of it
i swear they look SOOOOO sick also

Look at Subaru STI gauges. they are made by Defi and are BF series from what i remember.
turbo510sss

Post by turbo510sss »

entix wrote:i think the only one that SHOULDNT be mechanical is oil, for obvious reasons..
Explane then I have used a machanical oil pressure guage in all my car and my dad has in all his race cars for year what is so wrong with using one? I would like to know from your exsperiance on why you say not to use them because everyone I have talked to says the response is better than a electric oil pressure guage. Just currious as to why you don't recoment thats all.
olskuul

Post by olskuul »

I have used omori meter gauges and can say I am pretty happy. I use electrical for tach, water/oil temp, egt, volt9duh). And mechanical for boost, oil pressure. For the price, I've decided to go with VDO as well. The "Vision" series is backlit and people sell led's for bright reading at night.
Rheis

Re: Aftermarket Guages

Post by Rheis »

I am looking at buying some more gauges for my car and was wondering about an oil temperature gauge should I go mechanical or electric ... I already have a mechanical autometer oil pressure gauge and was leaning towards mechanical

thanks