this may be somewhat off topic but still 510 related

lostforawhile

this may be somewhat off topic but still 510 related

Post by lostforawhile »

this is going to be an odd post but it involves the SU's from the 510, I have converted my 86 Accord hatchback from a single downdraft carb to the two SU's from the 510 SSS, I'm getting close to having everything done now, and it's coming down to having the carbs overhauled. The doctor also says I should be regaining my sanity soon too lol, it was a VERY difficult project, anyway, my question is about compatibility between the 510 carbs and the roadster carbs, I used a Datsun manifold for the rear half of the manifold, will the roadster carbs bolt to the same manifold, linkages etc? I can do some grinding on the ports if needed, no big deal, This came about because after looking at the roadster specs, it's eerily similar to the A20 in my accord, both nearly identical displacements, both single overhead cam, about the same horsepower and torque, even the same torque and horsepower curves. I believe this would give me a much better baseline tune to start then the 510 carbs. I'm almost certain that a set of these with needles set up for the roadster would probably function perfectly on the A20, I'm going to have to do some tuning as I'm running full length 4-1 headers, larger exhaust, cam, full msd ignition setup, etc. Any input would be greatly appreciated, I just found out I had some money coming from the IRS I didn't know about, so a big chunk of that is going to Z therapy
510wizard
Supporter

Re: this may be somewhat off topic but still 510 related

Post by 510wizard »

If I remember right, the roadster SU's butterflies rotate in the opposite direction then the 510 SU's so the linkage would be different.
lostforawhile

Re: this may be somewhat off topic but still 510 related

Post by lostforawhile »

I wish I had known that before I built this linkage, I went to a lot of trouble to make my throttle cable work with the 510 ones, which ironically went in the opposite direction I needed, the roadster ones would have worked without all that trouble :roll: