Air Care Help?

jason
Supporter

Re: Air Care Help?

Post by jason »

Thanks for the help Byron, for the life of me I couldn't remember wether turning the screw in leaned out the mixture or richened it! Really though, it ran just awful tuned like that, I've re adjusted the timing, re set the idle and reset the mixture now :twisted: ! Should be good. Now I just have to deal with the filler leak :evil: ....
Jason
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Well, 4 got my door through air care yesterday, first time through! Interesting note though, I went to Mohawk to get the highest grade ethanol blend I could get and they told me that their 87 and 89 octane was 10% ethanol, but, their 91 and 94 octane had no ethanol!

Say Greg, I now have insurance and all, are you done yet or do you owe me an ice cream?
Jason
GREG510

Post by GREG510 »

Say Greg, I now have insurance and all, are you done yet or do you owe me an ice cream
indeed I owe you an ice cream ,You beat me to the punch!!!
What flavor do you like :lol:
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Ah, cool treats Greg ;-)! I like Mango sorbet .... Have you sorted out the wiring issues yet, the 27th is coming up fast now. I'll offer you a by if you come out to the autocross this year with us!
Jason
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

On another interesting note for gas and air care, I stopped at Superstore to get some stuff and fill up today. Turns out that the 87 octane they sell is 10% ethanol, the 89 mid grade is 5% ethanol and their premium has no ethanol! I wasn't imagining things when I got better running results on the Superstore mid grade ... Now I have to stop by Petro can, Chevron and Shell and have a looksee too ...
Jason
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Ethanol contains about 30% less energy than straight gasoline. Gasohol is 'watered down' with (10% ethanol) and would produce about 7% less power. Just like 2% milk... all the good stuff has been removed and it's sold to us as white water for the same price.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Well, I know the new engine doesn't like it at the current settings so I'll have to change things up until it does. I'll mess with the gasoline first, I'm runnning about 90 octane right now, ½ 89 mid grade with 10% ethanol and ½ 91 premium with no ethanol for about a 5% ethanol mix. The detonation seems to have gone away now with the timing at about 8 degrees so that seems about fine. Engine running temperatures seem to have dropped back into the "normal" range also ...
Jason