SR20DET wiring into 510

S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Can't view the diagram from work, I'll study it when I get home tonight.
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

thanks for taking time to help me out!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Use key on for the pump, well through a relay and fuse of coarse of coarse. I don't see the point of running it through the ECU, I have in the past though. I will draw a diagram tonight for you guys :D
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Didn't someone here have problems with running through the ECU? and the answer was don't do it that way, just use the Ign switch?
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

^ only problem I found with my setup was the FACTORY ignition switch has a ACC/IGN(ON)/START. When I turn the key to ACC or IGN(ON) it has 12V through both wires... WHEN i turn it over to START it cuts power from both the ACC AND the IGN(ON) and just gives 12v to the START wire. This DID NOT WORK for me because the IGNITION(ON) source from the ignition switch GOES TO MY ECU! so when Im cranking the motor(in START POSITION) my ECU is not getting any power! So..what I had to do(recomended by the person who rewired my SR harness...he has the same setup) is to forget about the Start wire from the OEM ignition switch and run a seperate START wire to a switch,button etc. (my case I have a ENGINE START switch) This way you turn the key to the ON(IGNITION) position and leave it...now the ECU has full power and you just hit the start button which is totally seperate from the ignition switch. PLus I have a cool red engine start button hahah
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Can't you run power from both the IGN and START to a realy (with a diode in each line to prevent feedback?) That must be how the stock setup works for powering the coil. If I remember right the start position bypasses the resister for the coil to allow a little extra spark for starting.
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

acc/ign on the stock switch don't have power cause the L16 don't need an ECU, so it might have a relay to hold the power to the coil... but it's less trouble to put a start button...

Icehouse I don't run the wire to the ecu but at the end of the engine harness at the GREY and BROWN connector like we use to wire the SR20 in a S13 and on the diagram I made all power is from ''ON''

The only problem I have is Coil relay to send power to the coilpack

again... bad english...
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

The stock setup has the same power requirements as a car running a later motor with an ECU.
e.g. either the coil (in the stock setup) or the ECU need power in both the run position and the start postiion
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

I've check my ignition switch and it hold the power to ON when its on START so there's no problem

but for the rest.... anyone can help me out?
mesojdm

Post by mesojdm »

^what colors are you using off the IGN switch? Im pretty sure the solid white is +12v in..then theres blak/white, green/white..can remember the rest. Thats weird...because when i tested the switch and clicked it over to START it shut all the others off. Maybe you have a newer IGN switch thats been swapped
oregondime

Post by oregondime »

i just ran a 30amp switch hidden for my ecu and fuel
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

maybe my ignition switch have been swap, dunno!

I think that I will just use individual switch for acc/on/start to be sure that everything work
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Okay this the way I did it. It was a year ago so I may be wrong so please double check my work :D

There maybe some grounds in there, they are ALL BLACK if they have a white strip its not a ground.

I gotta go I will add more in a bit..
Crevier

Post by Crevier »

nice! now I see how to do it!

that is pretty much what I was thinking and it confirm that I was in the good way!

thanks a lot!
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Sweet, I was kinda worried, as you can see I'm not much of an artist :D If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them. The "coil wire" is from the 510 harness by the way. The 70amp fuse is out of the stock s13 relay box, make sure to get an extra.