N/A FJ20 Build

defdes
Supporter

Re: N/A FJ20 Build

Post by defdes »

TUF510 wrote:no prob.

i may have one somewhere, just need to find it.. Will let you know by the end of the weekend
You know I forgot about the other FJ contingency here, I have been posting inquiries on FJ20.com and not getting any replies, just about worthless for info, really. Anyway, if you find one let me know, I am happy to avoid more fab when I can get away with it.

And Rob, thanks too, PM me what you are looking for for that set.
Is that Z31 TB from a VG30 C. '87-'88-'89? A bunch on ebay, just tyring to narrow it down.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

510rob wrote:John, if you can't find a stock rail, you could make a similar fuel rail to what Byron made for his Bronze car

http://www.the510realm.com/viewtopic.ph ... &start=270

http://www.the510realm.com/download/fil ... &mode=view

http://www.rossmachineracing.com/dash6.html

I have a set of still-factory-sealed Bosch 0.280.150.007 injectors that I'll never use; I'll give you a deal if you are interested (or trade?). These are the same injectors that Byron is using in his N/A 2.2L engine, and the same ones that Jeff is using in his "gobstopper" car (mild turbo L20B)

http://www.witchhunter.com/flowdatapix/b0280150007.jpg
And as a base line, those injectors on the Bronze in the days of the big cam never saw more than 47% at 40 psi fuel pressure , meaning they are plenty big enough for my set up.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I dug through FSMs for the Z31 300ZX setups. The ECU uses a two position throttle switch: one pin for idle, one pin for full throttle. The automatic cars appear to use a rheostat in the TPS; this signal is sent to the "Lock-up Control Unit" (transmission controller).

Take home point --> if you are looking for a throttle assembly from a Z31, then find one from a car with an automatic transmission. Could be a throttle from a Pathfinder or whatever, so long as it had a rheostat for an automatic transmission.

like this one --> CLICK HERE or CLICK HERE

The connector that is solid mounted to the body of the TPS is the switch, the connector that is hanging off to the side (by a wire) should be the rheostat connector/signal normally sent to the "LCU"

The water hoses are a preheat feature that you don't really need to use (could be trimmed off with a grinder/saw/gnarly file).
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

The 240SX one I have onthe latest Bronze EFI set up looked like these examples in the begining. Then I shortened the throttle shaft, changed the linkage, milled off the water heater area, ground off a few mounts that were no longer required, and there's no way in hell my TB is going back on a KA! 8) But it works just fine.

Byron
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Byron510 wrote:The 240SX one I have onthe latest Bronze EFI set up looked like these examples in the begining. Then I shortened the throttle shaft, changed the linkage, milled off the water heater area, ground off a few mounts that were no longer required, and there's no way in hell my TB is going back on a KA! 8) But it works just fine.

Byron
Thanks for those links, one of those I was looking at last night. What's the deal with the double pull throttle linkage?
510rob

Post by 510rob »

I don't actually know, but I always assumed that one is for the throttle cable and the other is for a cruise control cable
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

510rob wrote:I don't actually know, but I always assumed that one is for the throttle cable and the other is for a cruise control cable
That's exactly what it's for, and why I got rid of it all.

Byron
TUF510

Post by TUF510 »

defdes wrote:
TUF510 wrote:no prob.

i may have one somewhere, just need to find it.. Will let you know by the end of the weekend
You know I forgot about the other FJ contingency here, I have been posting inquiries on FJ20.com and not getting any replies, just about worthless for info, really. Anyway, if you find one let me know, I am happy to avoid more fab when I can get away with it.

And Rob, thanks too, PM me what you are looking for for that set.
Is that Z31 TB from a VG30 C. '87-'88-'89? A bunch on ebay, just tyring to narrow it down.

Sorry about the late reply.. i had a look and the one that i did find was bent and of no use to anyone and unfortunately its
not worth sending.
Some Boost in my FJ is good....More is better!!! :D
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Thanks for checking, the project is going nowhere fast so if you run into another one let me know.
Cedric

Post by Cedric »

hmm looking good. I guess you are expert in all this work, because you done is very well.. and the engine is looking now better.. Thanks for sharing your project, I am waiting for its completion.. ..please keep sharing.

Rhino Rack Roof Racks
Last edited by Cedric on 26 Mar 2013 07:13, edited 1 time in total.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

Thanks, not an expert, just eager to try and fail. I am in a holding pattern until Summer with the FI... work getting in the way of my good times.
FJDatto

Post by FJDatto »

I have an extra fuel rail, converted dizzy, and engine harness available if interested. The harness is from a Euro spec FJ and has all the ECCS hookups, to what, I don't know. Also, a 210 ecu, which you probably don't need.
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

I'd be interested in the fuel rail, would you put up a pic?
FJDatto

Post by FJDatto »

Using mine as a reference...

Hmm...apparently I'm not smart enough to post a picture...
FJDatto

Post by FJDatto »

Ah, there you go...