no more fuel pump signal sr20det

Bill_C

no more fuel pump signal sr20det

Post by Bill_C »

i had the car running for a month?? now. now it will not start. every relay clicks except the fuel pump relay. i hooked the fuel pump connector to a 12+ source and it works. i used a brand new relay, still wont work. i changed ecu's, still no signal is given out...kinda frustrating. anyone have any idea's? only have another 6 weeks left to drive the car this year, would be nice to get it out on the road for the weekend.
icehouse

Re: no more fuel pump signal sr20det

Post by icehouse »

The fuel pump wire is the back with pink stripe, pull the ECU off and do a continuity check to make sure the wire isn't broken from the ECU to relay. Then if the wire is good make sure the relay is working by jumpering a ground signal to the terminal where the black with a pink ties into the relay. If the relay clicks on after the jumper ground to the black with pink terminal on the relay then you know the ECU isn't sending the signal. If the relay doesn't click on something is wired wrong. If you tried a different ECU and it made no difference my guess is there is a wiring problem. Its not recomended but you can just hook the relay to key on or a switch until you get it figured out. Pics may help to :D
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

I'm bringing this one back from the dead. I seem to be having a similar problem. I have the relays hooked up using icehouse's diagram. The orange wire from the ecu is hooked up to the black/yellow wire coming from the solenoid. I checked to see if I had an issue with it losing 12v during startup and it seems fine. Now my problem is that I'm not getting signal from the ecu to turn on the fuel pump and ECCS. I have continuity on all wires and the starter cranks. Just no fuel pump or signal from the ecu. What gives? I already replaced the relays and checked all the fuses. When jump a ground to the 85 on the fuel relay it activates, soothe relay is good. Where else can I look? I'm getting close to my wit's end on this one. The grounds on the ecu are fine also. SOS!!!
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Also, when I jump a ground to 85 on the ECCS relay, the pump activate and both fuel and ECCS clicks. Continuity is good all the way to the ecu.
johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Ok now. Me again. The car starts when I manually ground the ECCS relay. What triggers the ECCS relay?