Thanks, lot's of redo's in the process of this build. Most of what you're seeing here is the result of many failed attempts. The hardest hurdle in the build was figuring out how to get steering into the car with this motor. As you can see I got kinda creative, but it worked out nicely in the end.nickledimeme wrote:
Those are helpers, just zero rate springs that keep the main springs tight when the car is off the ground. The rear coilovers are pieced together. Bilstein SZ digressively valved Shocks with bilstein coilover sleeves. I had a set of linear rate shocks on the back, but I like the digressive ones much better. They have spherical bearings on each end too. I'll be swapping the rear springs out soon, I'll take a picture of them off the car.
Thanks Byron, I tend to take the hot rod approach to things. You can put anything into anything with enough work. You are right the low exhaust at the front is a big compromise. The long tube header just looks so cool on there. I wanted to keep the header, so I was forced to work around it's exit. I've used 2.5" tubing and it's run straight down the center under the ds, so it's really not crossing over the ds. We'll see if it will hold up, it's only 1" lower than the x-member at it's lowest point.Byron510 wrote:
Yes, I modeled the stock/revised suspension in the trial suspension analyzer software. It got me in the ball park, but in the end you just have to start making parts and testing things to see if it works. The rear lca pivot is in the stock location. The front pivot is parallel with the centerline instead of angled inward as original. It was also brought down to induce some anti-dive. The steering arms are where I made the most of my changes. The ball joint taper hole is pushed as far outward as possible and not angled like stock. This moved the outer pivot outward around 7/8". Increaasing KPI and improving scrub, which has improved the steering resistance a good bit, and hopefully road feedback once I get it driving again. The steering arms were shortened to quicken things up, and I tried to keep the the ackerman angles correct. Steering ratio is dependent on the rack, but right now I'm at 3 turns lock to lock, with more turning radius than stock.S15DET wrote: