Spriso's SR20DET Bluebird Coupe Project

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
spriso

Re: Spriso's SR20DET Bluebird Coupe Project

Postby spriso » 30 Dec 2017 22:04

I very much appreciate the comments-- this thing has been a long time coming!

More updates soon,

Michael
Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports
www.spriso.com

icehouse

Postby icehouse » 30 Dec 2017 23:12

Awesome progress! Looks so killer on the ground!!!!! We need an updated picture of the boy on the valve cover!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

I can see why you changed the turbo clocking. I was just looking at mine and thinking how to make it work but not look stupid.

Where is your MAF?
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam

Byron510

Postby Byron510 » 31 Dec 2017 09:15

PoorMtnKid wrote:Just had the chance to sit hear and read a little my self. What an amazing build , detail is amazing. Feature?

Agreed, and done!

Michael, your detailed posts and clear photos are an absolute joy to follow and read. Your technical insight and project planning is always well presented and not hidden in code. And of course your craftsmanship and attention to detail is stellar.

Thank you for continuing to post and share your projects is such detail here on the Realm. Can't wait to see your project in person again.

Happy New Years Michael.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

spriso

Postby spriso » 05 Feb 2018 16:37

Battery

I wanted to get the battery out of the engine compartment, but did not want it surfaced mounted in the trunk. We have had really good luck with Odyssey batteries, so I designed a simple battery box to drop down into the trunk. This box needed to be a compromise, I did not want it too deep where it would be visible from the rear (or side of the car), and also the height needed to be friendly to work well with the power lead cable (as I will be running it internally).

I made a simple box on my sheet metal brake, carefully measured out the trunk floor, and dropped it into the floor:

Battery test fit--

The battery sits in a simple frame and clamp system:

The box was spot welded in, welds ground down, and splashed some color onto it-- this is all temporary as it will be painted properly when the car is torn down for painting in a few years, but should work well for now.

I will make a nice, sheet metal cover for the battery to protect the battery, but thought I would share a little progress...

Michael
Michael Spreadbury
Spriso Motorsports
www.spriso.com

Heinrich

Postby Heinrich » 05 Feb 2018 22:16

very nice
Progress is slow, but it is progress non the less.

Return to “Featured Project Builds”