Phils 510

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
dislexicdime

Re: Phils 510

Post by dislexicdime »

you bastard i am jacking that horn button :mrgreen:
L series only have one header!

i need another garage mine is full of part's
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

The button stays with the wheel! But here's something you might like. It's new and been in storage for 10+ years . Going to be installing it in a few days

hang_510
Supporter

Post by hang_510 »

8) w0w :!:

lookin fuckin awesome!!!
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Dude did you test fit the SR with the 68 wiper setup? I had to mod mine you get the valve cover to clear.

P.S why did you stop updating the thread on Ratsun? Just copy and paste that's what I do.

Project looks bitchen dude!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
70bird

Post by 70bird »

That's my favorite color
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Zoinks :shock: You learn something new every day... Note to self: 68 wiper motor sits hecka low. Saw a picture you posted of a single cam KA being test fitted, Maybe that narrow valve cover can be wedged in there. Heck, if you were swapping an S14, or 15 SR20 there's that nifty notch in the back of the valve cover that might give just enough room. Kind of a retro meets techno. :mrgreen:
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

icehouse wrote:Dude did you test fit the SR with the 68 wiper setup? I had to mod mine you get the valve cover to clear.

P.S why did you stop updating the thread on Ratsun? Just copy and paste that's what I do.

Project looks bitchen dude!
I don't know what engine. Thinking s15 or vq. If I go vq I'll need a front clip for mock up. They are around the same price it seems. Post up sine pics if the modification you had to do. I'm going to convert it to a 626 motor that faces the other way. Just have to mess with the linkage. The 68 motor doesn't have a removable arm. I haven't posted on ratsun because the realm is mainly 510. Ratsun has turned into a circus lately. Even you haven't been around lately. But I know you have other things on you're mind. Want to see the exhaust tunnel pretty bad.
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

RonM wrote:Zoinks :shock: You learn something new every day... Note to self: 68 wiper motor sits hecka low. Saw a picture you posted of a single cam KA being test fitted, Maybe that narrow valve cover can be wedged in there. Heck, if you were swapping an S14, or 15 SR20 there's that nifty notch in the back of the valve cover that might give just enough room. Kind of a retro meets techno. :mrgreen:

Alexes s14 4 door is next to my car I've been looking. But haven't brought out the tape measure.
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

Been real busy getting the car ready for the trip back home. Dan from dgr was kind enough to let me store my car at his shop in January. Downtown sf places were charging me 20 bucks a night to park my car. Well dan also let mr have this nos hood trim. Score ! Thanks dan

Installed hood shocks, front and rear glass, driver door, front suspension, and painted the passenger door and gas lid a third time. Haha. The door turned out great. The gas door has a slight imperfection. About ready to fold it in half. Also painted a squirrel. Gift for my girlfriend. Oh yeah put the dash in!

goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

That's going to be one smooth ride!! can't wait to see it someday. Very nice work!!
izzo

Post by izzo »

Car is really lookin good Phil! I am totally jelly...
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Hey Phil,

Man You're really bang'n away. You know, being that your car is right hand drive it gives you serious advantages for swapping in an SR20DET. For us lefties we have to relocate the turbo to a top mount manifold to clear the steering box and then there are issues with the down pipe coming too close to the brake master cylinder. Although I'm not absolutely sure, you should be able to keep the stock SR turbo setup as is saving you some serious $$$. I don't know how much HP you're looking to get, but a stock S15 can produce 300 plus with relatively miner tweaking. The stock T28 turbo is capable of producing upwards of 14 lbs. of boost. I don't know if you've priced out the total cost including parts and your labor for the vg swap vs. the SR, but I would imagine the SR would give you a better bang for the buck.

Just a thought.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
philcas1987

Post by philcas1987 »

I finanally made I'd back up north. Home!! Was very busy trying to get the car to a level that I can't do at home. James has all the tools haha. Installed the door handles. Still not convinced. Trade for a cherry set? I was in a big hurry to intall all weatherstripping. It's the pnw. Got rained on already. It's all new rubber. Nos door trim. New front glass. I'm pretty exited. I will be able to see and be completely sealed from outside weather. Put he front end so people at my BBQ could see the potential. It will sit for a long time. I WILL slowly work on it. These things take time to do right. I don't want some half ass bumrushed car. I figured around 10k to finish it. Bit might be an exaggeration. Time will tell. Or I could sell it to fund a coupe? Mmm coupe

goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

LOoks really nice, that was a ton of work you put into that, you should be very proud of what you have done....I don't blame you for not wanting to rush it....I had to rush mine due to the military....I hated that. but I can't wait to see it done! Congrats!!
dmonares

Post by dmonares »

I couldnt sell that with as much work as you put into it. They would have to bury me in it.