Tim's 69

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
rnorrish

Re: brakes

Post by rnorrish »

motoren wrote:If you’re going to go to aftermarket pedals check out http://www.performancebodies.com . They have complete pedal assemblies with master cylinders (brake and clutch) for $300. We run them in out IMCA Modified and they work great.
They sell the Wilwood stuff. The price alone for the pedals is the norm, according to Wilwood's price list online. But it's the 3 MC you can get included for $100 that's the steal! (so it seems to me) They are the Howe brand, largly found in stock car circles.

Reverse for you guys who like it that way ;)
http://www.performancebodies.com/store/ ... Fid=334200
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
motoren

brakes

Post by motoren »

Ya our Modified is a circle track car. Check out a circle track race shop, they have super deals on brake stuff. You can get a roll of brake line 40 feet long for like $50. It can be tough to get really straight but it’s worth the price. If you want to be different go with the plastic brake line kit for $60 and yes they do work well. Check out dirt track swap meets, I picked up Tilton master cylinders with remote reservoirs for $15 bucks each, coilovers for $100 and all types of swedge tubes with heims that would make great lower control arms or TC rods with some work. All the parts that work on a dirt track car will tolerate anything a 2000lb 510 can throw at them and thy are cheap.
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Got my fuel Cell today! 12 gallon fuel safe with an internal sump and fuel pump
Attachments
Cell.JPG
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

gotta love the car part pictures through out the house.

Denis! were still waiting of the one of the axle in the shower!
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Yea, since my garage is so full I have started staging all the new parts in my office
Dom
Supporter

Post by Dom »

Yellowcar wrote:Yea, since my garage is so full I have started staging all the new parts in my office
Tim, your house is starting to look like mine inside. Gotta love our wives.

Looks like your hard at work on the 69.

Did you use the NOS rockers???

Are you going with the engine from Yellow car?

Curious if the fuel cell is going between the shock towers or in the spare tire area?

There was a realy nice 69 dash up in Everett on craigslist last week.
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Yea, My wife is very nice about the car stuff, she grew up with 1936 cord parts in her closet so she is used to it.
I haven't getten to the rockers yet, still stripping the car I might ahve it stripped tomorrow but who knows. I am working on a couple of other race cars at the same time so I ahve to split up my time.
yes I am going to use the motor out of the yellowcar although I might get the itch and change it later, you know i would ahte to actaully be done with the car
The fuel cell is going into the spare tire well. I am going to cut the whole floor out and rebuild it with the cell in the floor.
I am going with the 72 dash rather than the 69 (at least that is the plan so far)
Nice to see that you got the green car and it is going to be on the road
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Finished stripping the car today and got the shell mounted to the cart.
Now it is off to the media blaster sometime this week for a complete blasting.
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Got all the stuff I ordered from Datsport today
All the rubber for the car and new locks, lights and door handles
Not much to see as far the the weatherstripping just a big box or rubber but here is the other stuff
Attachments
parts.JPG
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I tried to fit those lights in my 68 fenders and they didn't fit. maybe some trimming is needed....
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Yea, I thing the holes need to be elongated for them to fit, but no big deal to do
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

Got my sway bar last night, and my car will be back from the blaster today..
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I thought you were posting pics of your car today?
Yellowcar

Post by Yellowcar »

got the car back, it is still in the trailer so I couldn't get very good pictures but here are a couple, the overall condition looks good (apart from the rust I already knew about in the front rocker and the drivers floor)
Tomorrow the cage work begins...
Oh, and I changed my mind about the motor, I am going to put a carb'ed KA in it so my L/Z is for sale
Attachments
Bottom.JPG
Front.JPG
wheel well.JPG
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Carbed KA? Why not fuel injected with a huge turbo? Hey man your gunna have to keep up with me and Dom :) I don't blame you the ka24e can put down some serious hp to the ground. I saw a carbed one in tacoma with 200rwhp and it looked dam sexy :) The 12v vaulve cover reminds me of the old after market one they used to make for the L motor. Your shell looks nice, are you gunna swap all the rear suspension off the yellow car?

P.S. The shell looks good