Keith Law's complete TALES FROM THE GREAT ROLLING DYNO

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
RMS
Supporter

Re: Keith Law's complete TALES FROM THE GREAT ROLLING DYNO

Postby RMS » 04 May 2017 15:06

lots of cool places in the harrison area Image

how many cars can you count ? Image

this is the back side of the Breckenridge glacier in 2009 Image

the last climb before nahatlatch Image
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!

bertvorgon
Supporter

Postby bertvorgon » 04 May 2017 15:53

I could tell you about a huge mining scam that involved the property at the end of Harrison, North end of course, back in the early 70's.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1968 Vintage 3HP Mini Bike
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer

RMS
Supporter

Postby RMS » 04 May 2017 16:45

my buddy is the caretaker @ port douglas...... behind the podium in the old cook shack, where investment meeting were held, hangs a poster of a guy standing beside a big hole in the ground with a quot from Mark Twain "the definition of a gold mine: A hole in the ground with a liar on top."

its sad they bulldozed the town of port douglas to make the mining camp.... some remnants still remain hidden in the undergrowth
two_68_510s wrote:I guess our donkeys are quicker then your sled dogs!

bertvorgon
Supporter

Postby bertvorgon » 04 May 2017 19:24

I wonder if it is the same gang that I was very loosely involved with in the beginning of my career in this industry? I did a LOT of work on material that came from the end of the lake.
In my archives ( still looking) was a promotional brochure I had from 1970'ish time.. I spent the last year writing about some of the scams I have seen or had tried to warn people of what was going to happen if they followed through. I will post some up in a bit.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law

loungin112

Postby loungin112 » 04 May 2017 20:00

Hey there Keith, Byron, Robyn, and all other orators.

Thanks all for sharing. I'm still making my way through the retelling of your great memories and experiences. It's discussion threads like this that set this site apart from others. Yes, we love our cars. But they are only one chapter in our novel-sized life. I'm hoping I can contribute to this thread a bit more in the coming years.

Clint

bertvorgon
Supporter

Postby bertvorgon » 05 May 2017 07:03

We have been very fortunate to end up with such an eclectic group of fine minds and experience on this site.

While I do not partake in other sites, the odd time I drop into the G35 site points out how good this site is. The amount of misinformation on there almost makes me want to scream at times.

This site is peopled with 49 years worth of Datsun experience, with TRUE hands-on and technical skills.

I like to think that this thread and others lets us see who we really are as a collective group of people, with other life experiences that make who we are.

I can honestly say, as does my son, who is now in his 30's, that the group that we took, hiking, partying and other adventures, were/are great roles models, that let him see the best side of people!

Most of the core group of Vancouver people I have now known for well on 30+ years.

Keith Law

Return to “Featured Project Builds”