Brad's '69 project

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
icehouse

Re: Brad's '69 project

Post by icehouse »

I think the buyer paid so much because he wanted a well sorted car with rack and pinion. If that was my only option to get a car with rack and pinion I would pay twice that!
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
510tdi

Post by 510tdi »

Congrats on the sell! I hope this doesn't mean you're going to be a stranger at the Realm. I was going to mention something on BAT about your car being kind of "Singer-ish" but I didn't, then someone else did. Think about it, maybe you could create a market for your 510 builds. Waxhaw510? Datsun Dino? Just sayin....
510tdi

Post by 510tdi »

I finally got some time to browse your build. What an incredible journey! Family, job, "The Build", and actually using it. You absolutely nailed it. I have to admit, it totally baffles me how someone pulls this all off. Do you sleep? I'd sure love to hear your tips on balancing goals and time management.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Sorry for the delay, I just wanted to wait until I had something to report. The buyer and I have communicated a few times and the sale is moving along. I received payment today. The car will be going to a collector and kept on the east coast, either in Florida or Montreal.
I appreciate this forum and will not be a stranger.
I'll keep you all updated on the transaction.

510tdi, the trick is to embrace the build as a journey, and not rush to completion, focusing on learning how to do each step as well as you can. That, and try to save the car work till night when everybody else is in bed asleep.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

That is so true in what you say! I did not build my car in one go, it has been a learning evolution, a platform to be creative with, where you can step back and say.."I DID THIS!"

And, like you, my car was built late into the evenings, when both Andy and I could work with no interruptions, the shop hangers gone,
you can be lost in your own thoughts.

Would be interesting to know who the collector is, someone serious for sure.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
qship510

Post by qship510 »

Glad to hear this is going the right way Brad.

A new benchmark in 510 sales for sure
McShagger510

Post by McShagger510 »

*UPDATE*
RESOLD FOR $26,800
:shock: "The current owner had some difficulty importing the car to Canada, and as such it is now being sold on their behalf by a dealer with a North Carolina title." :shock:

http://bringatrailer.com/listing/1969-datsun-510-3/

James
The person with the sun in their eyes has the right of way. - my brother

'72 2dr. 510 Turbo
'73 240Z all stock
'71 2dr. 510 stock......for now
'91 Nissan truck *SOLD*
'02 TOYOTA Tacoma
'78 Kawasaki Z1-R
'84 Kawasaki GPZ750 Turbo
'99 Kawasaki ZRX1100