My Coupe Project, back to the future.....

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
q-tip

Re: My Coupe Project, back to the future.....

Post by q-tip »

Thanks guys. Its still not done but I couldn't convince him to do a few things that I think would have really made is clean, like a full bed cover made out of the trunk so it kept the right lines. We have a lot of time into that damn think that's for sure.
'72 4dr w KA24DE
'76 620 king cab
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Yea, I think it needs a longer bed/wheel base to look right. but it's a really cool idea. I did a quick google search and there are a lot of them.
q-tip

Post by q-tip »

Yeah there are a lot out there, putting the diesel is it really sets it apart from the rest though.
'72 4dr w KA24DE
'76 620 king cab
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

After a weekend of this and that, I managed to get this installed and working.......well, for a minute anyway. I bent a hyd line when I lowered it all the way back down, guess my routing of the hyd line was a little off.....no thanks to the instructions, they didn't really show or say how to route them. I was so worried about the cables rubbing them that I forgot about the lift plate travel......oh well, I'll deal with that tomorrow.
Attachments
IMG_8032.JPG
IMG_8032.JPG (184.9 KiB) Viewed 4377 times
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Rich, pretty lucky on that truss spacing (sometimes you're the bug, sometimes you're the windshield) :D
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Look s great Rich. I'll bet you were sweating trying not to mark your new floor while setting up the hoist! That first mark is always the hardest one to swallow. I've been there many times paining the floor at work.... Nice job, looks great!

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
q-tip

Post by q-tip »

Nice lift, I don't know why they don't include any routing for the hydraulics in the install instructions, that's a pretty important part of the system.
'72 4dr w KA24DE
'76 620 king cab
greenthumb

Post by greenthumb »

looks great! Looking forward to pics of the roof-raising!
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Monte, I was actually the bug.....I had to brace up the truss and cut out a portion to fit the post, when I raise the roof I'll fix it. Byron, I didn't really try too hard not to scratch the floor, I did an ok job of not tearing it up. I did some quick measuring and then stood the posts up, really didn't have to move them much from there. The base plates are to exactly flat, I would guess from the welding of the post to the base, so it's easy to wiggle into place for drilling.
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

I got a clutch job coming up on the sunny can I come over and use the lift? :)
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Yes, you are always welcome to come use it......you can pick up your junk you have here too!!
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Here it is with the BMW, it was just the closest car to the shop. So I am sure glad I chose to go with the wide option. plenty of room on either side of the car. This is about 4.5 feet off the floor to the bottom of the car, if I were to remove the garage door opener I can get it up about two more feet or less.....but I still want to add about three feet of height to the shop, so I'll start on that this weekend I hope. I can sit in a chair under the car as it is no problem right now.....
Attachments
IMG_8043.JPG
IMG_8043.JPG (291.21 KiB) Viewed 4245 times
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

You'll be the envy of many Rich, looks awesome surrounded by the new floor.

What interior height are you looking to achieve with the raised roof?

I was looking at your garage door opener. On my shop project I'm going with a Roll a Door in order to not have anything hanging from the ceiling. I have a little forklift and I could see clearing it off in my mind. The forklift itself also makes a great hoist ;-)

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

If I add 3 feet that gives me 12 feet, however if I were to put the honda van on it, I might need more, so I am still on the fence of adding 3 or 4 feet. either way it will be better. I thought about a roll up door too, but haven't done any research on one yet.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Also, not sure if you can get a roll up door that's insulated, something to check into I guess....