1st project post :)

Only the most active and interesting projects from our members. Projects must be approved to be in this forum
510-Trevor
Supporter

Re: 1st project post :)

Post by 510-Trevor »

black for me too :)
1972 Yellow 4dr
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

That pic sold me :) I will do it this weekend.
thisismatt
Supporter

Post by thisismatt »

RVAE34 wrote:Image
Just look at this pic compared to the others...it looks blacked out (almost) in this one and looks great :mrgreen:
I'm your huckleberry.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Everyone told me to black mine out too....but I didn't either, I think it looks great like it is...looks cleaner, like someone took a lot of time to build a clean car. the original black was just behind the grill anyway and was just kinda sprayed back there with no real attention to detail....looks like crap if you ask me....keep it clean!!
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Radiator area black, rest in body colour is ok with me.
Attachments
All Nissan Solo_800x531.jpg
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

I put the black hood on and removed the BRE stripes. A little bit of clear peeled off of the passenger door, but I just got a new Devilbiss paint gun and have some leftover PPG clear soooo. I like it better now with the hood on and the stripes gone. I will take pix tomorrow.

My dad came over and messed around with the car. Advanced the ignition timing and adjusted the carbs. It runs better now but still needs tuning. Screams at high revs!!!!! I drove it about 40 miles tonight. I also see why the belt was squealing. The alternator looks to be a newer one and doesn't mount at the proper angle. I may be able to bend the bracket a little bit. I moved the alternator as far out as I could and it now only squeals for a bit right at a colder start.

Speedometer doesn't work, neither does the coolant gauge. Windshield wiper arms aren't connected either.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Stripes removed and black hood on. I also installed the correct 510 mirror but haven't taken pics yet

pacific coast datsun

Post by pacific coast datsun »

Looks good w/ either hood IMO. Just noticed the euro signals 8)
It's a Datsun worldImage
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

I just finished wetsanding and buffing the driver side half the car. It took 4 hours and I am exhausted. looks amazing!!!!! The other side has orange peel. Driver side is now mirror shine :)
icehouse

Post by icehouse »

Dude I really like that car!!! Maybe a little lower though :D How many dimes do you have? Sounds like you are getting all the little loose ends fixed, its going to be a NICE dime when you are done. I did like the other hood, I saw a 510 hood that had the Toyota truck "lump" which I also like. I guess its just cool to see something different from time to time.
"People don't like it when shit doesn't match their rule of thumb." Sam
rnorrish

Post by rnorrish »

bertvorgon wrote:Radiator area black, rest in body colour is ok with me.

Keith, your car was the one I was thinking of!

Keep the grill as is, nice and shiny. Same for the valence area. It just makes the grill stand out more.
Look at the last three pictures you posted... appears s if you already did it ;)

My Cactus Green wagon was blacked out from factory, and looked to be brushed on. :lol:
richard norrish
'68 'goon resto / '71 ice racer / '72 'goon project / '70 4-door rust pile / '67 520 project
----------------------------------------------------------------------
shardik wrote: My swap will be made of solid gold and it will run on puppy farts.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

Wetsanded the driver side, and the new mirror is in these pix.

I love this car!!!!!

Pcar

Post by Pcar »

Your car is beautiful! I'll probably have to wait until next year to get mine, so I'm jealous. Enjoy it.
Robb

Post by Robb »

awesome 510 ! I had thoughts of buying it. Looks 100x better without the black stripes.
I would lower the front 1" more though.
Not a fan of the black hood though,.. put the original one back on.
five&dime

Post by five&dime »

I will be painting this "original hood" once I get a paint reading from a UV gun :)

Thanks for the compliments. This car is a diamond in the rough. I just need to keep wetsanding and buffing as well as cleaning up all the loose ends