what spring rate for the rear

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
wilderb

what spring rate for the rear

Post by wilderb » 26 Jul 2009 21:58

I am on the market for springs for my col over set up for the rear of my 71 sedan, I want to know what spring rate people are using.

for those that have rear coilover set ups what are you guys using

I tried searching but I get an error code, so please bear with me

Church

Re: what spring rate for the rear

Post by Church » 26 Jul 2009 22:39

Try the "Suspension Setups" sticky. Just a thought.

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 27 Jul 2009 07:25

wilderb wrote:I am on the market for springs for my col over set up for the rear of my 71 sedan, I want to know what spring rate people are using.
Lots more information you need to provide before anyone can start giving you direction.

What rate are you running in the front? How do you like you car set up (understeer, oversteer, neutral)? Engine swap? Sway bar setups and size(s)?

Doesn't matter that you are planning on coilovers at the rear, the rates are talked about in equivalent terms with standard 510 rear springs.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson

wilderb

Post by wilderb » 27 Jul 2009 17:48

okayfine wrote:
wilderb wrote:I am on the market for springs for my col over set up for the rear of my 71 sedan, I want to know what spring rate people are using.
Lots more information you need to provide before anyone can start giving you direction.

What rate are you running in the front? How do you like you car set up (understeer, oversteer, neutral)? Engine swap? Sway bar setups and size(s)?

Doesn't matter that you are planning on coilovers at the rear, the rates are talked about in equivalent terms with standard 510 rear springs.
the car will have a KA swap I would like the car to have a neutral feel , i have a one inch sway bar and will be running 280zx brakes on all corners with coil overs front and rear, I want to get a few suggestions as to what spring ration to buy for the front as well as the rear of the vehicle

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine » 27 Jul 2009 18:46

For a DD type car in LA, I'd start with 175 in/lb springs and go from there. For something more weekendish/track-oriented, 200 in/lb would be a good starting point.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson