TC squeeeek

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
drieseck
Supporter

TC squeeeek

Post by drieseck »

All,
Help. I just replaced bushings on both TC rods and my several days of slient bliss have evaporated !@#$$%%$# already. I've got a 73 - 2 door with 85'-200sx front struts and discs (came that way). Could I have a bad rod? Problem is only on one side, no apparent adjustment to the stock TC's. Has the lowered 200sx height put a different angle/pressure on the rod? Car is street use, steering is mostly straight, slight pull. thanks in advance. (fyi-rear is cut stock springs, new ermish coil set-up in-the-mail)
Dave
okayfine
Supporter

Re: TC squeeeek

Post by okayfine »

Kinda T/C rod bushings? Rubber doesn't usually sqeak. If poly, either do the relief modification documented here and use the grease:

DQ Volume 2 Issue 2 - T/C Rod Modification - A lowered suspension and urethane bushings can lead to T/C rod failure. A small modification can help prevent it from happening to you.

Or get ahold of Carter and get EE's T/C rod kit:

http://datsun510.com/photopost/showphot ... hoto=12108
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
hang_510
Supporter

Re: TC squeeeek

Post by hang_510 »

maybe its the swaybar?
byron wrote:I'd be all over that like a fat kid on a smartie.
okayfine wrote:Sense doesn't always have everything to do with it, and I speak from experience.