datsport suspension

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
datsr2020

datsport suspension

Post by datsr2020 »

Hello all I'm new to the realm I have read threw most of the suspension topics and I was wondering what people if any that are running a datsport swap kit have for suspension and how it performs from stock setup to completely custom I have a datsport kit in my 72 2dr with an Sr20DET just got the car running good last week and now looking to start building suspension i know the datsport struts are the best but i want to know what everyone else is running any info would be great Thanks
Baz

Re: datsport suspension

Post by Baz »

would suggest S12 4 cyl struts, Z31 inserts, remove, grind the tag from the bottom of the insert.
Cut strut to suit & install 100mm length 65mm coilover kit flush with the top of the strut.
215mm 230 lb spring or 200mm 250lb spring.
Note these will not be as stiff on the road as compared to std 510 front end.
Ensure spring uses Hi tensile wire for minimum number of coils,
like this one.
http://datsport.com/suspension-frontspring-200x250.html,
a progressive bump stop similar to this one.
http://datsport.com/suspension-frontbumpstop-75.html
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

datsr2020 wrote:Hello all I'm new to the realm I have read threw most of the suspension topics and I was wondering what people if any that are running a datsport swap kit have for suspension and how it performs from stock setup
If'n you've read through most of the suspension posts, what questions do you have left to ask? You should have easily found everyone running the Datsport fit kit and so you should already have found what each of those people is using for suspension components. In fact, you should be the one answering questions before anyone can really suggest a setup for you.

The majority of your driving is what? You want your suspension to behave how? You have how much money to spend on parts? You like/want/need coilovers? Etc.

There is no "best" suspension, there is only best for you.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
datsr2020

Post by datsr2020 »

Hey Baz
What is the best size wheel to run with the coilover strut assy. with the 280mm brakes more than likely I'm going to get this setup since I have the swap kit already