200SX VG Strut Bump Steer Spacers- Completed

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
510wizard
Supporter

Re: 200SX VG Strut Bump Steer Spacer- Now taking orders

Post by 510wizard »

dscottdatsun wrote:I would like a pair! :D Please! (Mama told me to always use my manners) How much difference does the height of the spacer make? IIRC the NISMO spacer was an inch, so I'll go with that. I am not looking to put my ride on the floor.

Scott
The question on how thick of spacer to get is determined by how much the car has been lowered from the stock ride height. You ideally want the LCA angle to be at what it was when at the stock height (a downward angle from horizontal), if the LCA is horizontal or at an upward angle then you will have to determine how much of thickness you will need to achieve the stock downward angle. 1" or 1.125" would work just fine for most applications where the car has been lowered but not slammed. Ok, I will put you down for a pair.

Monte
sssr20det510

Post by sssr20det510 »

Ill take 2 sets of 1.25
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Any others that would be in on some? Would like to order the material next week.

Monte
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Got the material in, cut it up, then surfaced both sides. Next step holes and spigot, then the outside contour. 1" and 1.25" spacer height.

A pile of chips,
510wizard
Supporter

Re: 200SX VG Strut Bump Steer Spacer- Update 5/23/11

Post by 510wizard »

Update, got the holes and the spigots done. Next up the outside contour. One of the prototypes in the foreground.

510wizard
Supporter

Re: 200SX VG Strut Bump Steer Spacer- Update 5/23/11

Post by 510wizard »

The VG bump spacers (RCA) are completed. For the guys that ordered them, please contact me with your address and how you want to pay.

Here are some notes on installation;
1. Be sure to clean the surface on which the BS contacts on the steering arm and also the spigot on the arm. I made these spacers for a non- slop fit. If they won't go use emery cloth and/or Scotchbrite to remove any rust or paint.
I bead blasted these;

2. Also clean the bottom surface on the VG strut and the area where the BS spigot goes into. There is usually rust on these surfaces and sometimes there is welding spatter on the inner surface. Remove any spatter and clean as above.
This strut shows rust on the spigot hole;

This strut the area cleaned with a little emery cloth;
AKWIKZ

Re: 200SX VG Strut Bump Steer Spacers- Completed

Post by AKWIKZ »

Would you happen to have any more of these available? If not on hand, are you planning on making another batch? Thanks

Brian
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

AKWIKZ wrote:Would you happen to have any more of these available? If not on hand, are you planning on making another batch? Thanks

Brian
I just did another small run for a few guys, but will do a other run if I get a least 3 sets ordered. Do you want your name on the list for a pair(s) ?
AKWIKZ

Post by AKWIKZ »

Yes, please put me on the list for a pair. 1" thick version. Thanks
Brian
cutler

Post by cutler »

Hi

I want a set if you ship overseas to Norway?
1.25 please.
I wil use paypal if its ok.

-Richard
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

UPDATE,
Got enough orders to do another run of these special Strut Bump Steer Spacers, if any one that I haven't been in contact with, wants to place an order, let me know soon so that I can place an order for the material.

They are available in two heights 1.0" and 1.25" and to clarify these take the p510 ( pl510) steering arm on the bottom, which is 40 mm in diameter and the top is 54 mm (for 200sx struts here in the states). The latest price per pair is $100 plus shipping and Pay Pal fee.

Monte
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Got, another run of the spacers finally done. :D

Had a problem with one of the Heidenhain glass scales on the CNC, so had to send it to LA for refurbishment which set me back on getting these done. Received it back and the Deckel CNC is much happier. Thanks for all the patience on this round of orders! I have tried to contact the people that ordered them. If you didn't receive a PM from me, please contact me so I can ship your spacers out. Thanks again!
HudsonMC

Post by HudsonMC »

Forgive my noob question. What are the advantages of using the VG strut over the 280ZX?
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

A couple of plus's, one is that the caliper mounting holes spacing is 100 mm which allows using calipers such as the late 300zx plus others. Two, the distance between the strut tube and the spindle face is greater, thus allows more room between the strut tube and the back of the tire.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Is the S12 strut more ideally used with the Datsport fit kit?
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson