Idler arm bushings

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
murderwagon

Idler arm bushings

Post by murderwagon »

i need some idler arm bushings. my wagon is a 7/69 production date. i have replaced everything else in the steering / suspension except the idler arm and the car still wonders so it must be the reason. the bushings in the idler arm are cracked and deformed. so i want some new poly bushings just having trouble finding them. links would be appreciated thanks guys
510-Trevor
Supporter

Re: Idler arm bushings

Post by 510-Trevor »

VG30.com sells a kit. http://vg30.com/510parts.html
1972 Yellow 4dr
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Keep in mind that the EE kit linked above needs the OE idler arm. IIRC he makes mention of it, but some/most/all of the aftermarket OE arms have issues.

As to the wondering, how's yer tires? Old tires (not necessarily worn) will wander 'til the cows come home. New tires fixed so many driving issues on my car it's not even funny.

And, if you want to do this - wanders how/when? Crosswinds? Funny grooved-concrete freeway? Smooth, flat asphalt? Have you adjusted the steering box? Etc.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
murderwagon

Post by murderwagon »

tires are new. every bushing, tierod, ball joint. endlink. you name it is new. its just not as tight as it should be and i can visibly see damage too the idler bushings. and i just rebuild and adjusted the steering box. also the center link is new as well.
murderwagon

Post by murderwagon »

510-Trevor wrote:VG30.com sells a kit. http://vg30.com/510parts.html

i dont see how to order it?
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

They have 'em on eBay all the time (but don't know if they have them currently). Elsewise you'll need to find an e-mail link for Carter Boad, he's the public face of EE.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
510-Trevor
Supporter

Post by 510-Trevor »

1972 Yellow 4dr
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

EE doesn't have a kit listed on eBay at the moment, but the seller is here:
http://www.ebay.com/sch/mr.510/m.html?h ... 4340.l2562
murderwagon

Post by murderwagon »

thank you!