Lordco Wheel Cylinders

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
jason
Supporter

Lordco Wheel Cylinders

Post by jason »

I blew out the driver's side wheel cylinder in my red 4 door last week and was pleasantly suprised to find that Lordco had stock at $24 each. (510 club doesn't seem to get very good deals at Lordco!) They only had one part number for the left and rear sides and the parts are packaged in a "Raybestos" box. There are no markings on the casting and they appear to be "Made in China". I'll install it tomorrow and let you know how it works out.

Jason
510wizard
Supporter

Re: Lordco Wheel Cylinders

Post by 510wizard »

I just replaced the rear cylinders on the " 73 " , used Beck Arnley surprised that they are made in Italy. Also replaced the master cylinder with Rayestos, made in Taiwan. So I guess no made in Japan parts even in aftermarket.
bystickel
Supporter

Post by bystickel »

The cheap replacement I got from AutoZone (don't recall the brand) did not retract as far as the originals, causing drag (on unworn shoes) and a mess trying to remove the drum. Just an FYI.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
1972 2-door, 4 door, wagon, wagon.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Jason if they are suspected to be 'inexpensive' :lol: maybe take apart quickly and check for machining debris in the bore. Check the seals for tears and lube with brake fluid.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Too late, Mike, already installed!
Jason