Brake Booster setup in the US

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
KCMO_68

Brake Booster setup in the US

Post by KCMO_68 »

So I think I'm going to go with a brake booster setup on my 510. I've seen the Datsport kit, which is around $420 + International shipping. But I was wondering if their was anything local that would be cheaper.

I've seen that the B210 brake booster works, and you can pick those up for $90-$120 pretty easily. Add another $100-$120 for a new master cylinder and you are most of the way there.

The parts that I really can't seem to find where you can purchase them are the 2 metal plates. The one between the booster and master cylinder and the one between the booster and firewall.

Does anyone make these for a B210 brake booster for a fair price?

I know getting the Datsport kit would be easier, because everything is included but I was trying to see if I could save a few dollars and find the necessary parts locally(US shipping).

Thanks!
JordanTr

Re: Brake Booster setup in the US

Post by JordanTr »

I can measure mine, draw em up and post it so you can make your own?
'72 2 door KA project | S14 Silvia RB25DET | S14 RB26DETT (sold) | '90 Audi 90Q20V (sold)
Baz

Post by Baz »

The reason we do not sell the front Master cylinder to booster adapter is that it is supplied with the completed booster
by the manufacturer.

The firewall to booster spacer is not suitable for standard boosters with out modification to the booster.

The standard spacer is 45mm thick:our spacer is only 10mm thick.
This is to sit the booster closer to the firewall, allowing additional clearance for manifolds etc.
So the booster mounting bolts & the pushrods are made shorter.
Attachments
brake-booster-master-small.gif
brake-booster-master-small.gif (57.98 KiB) Viewed 3044 times
Baz

Post by Baz »

BTW. Exports from Oz are tax free.
After removing the tax & allowing for exchange rate , The price for the Assy is close to $US365
plus shipping.
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

I say go Datsport.

Thats a bargain for a 10mm spacer already applied to a booster. $365.00 + shipping is nothing to sneeze at.

Baz do you sell a kit for the 1200? Or will this equally apply?

Matt D.
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
KCMO_68

Post by KCMO_68 »

Thanks BAZ. I realized the tax and exchange rates after I posted this. I sent in an email to your site about ordering your kit, but haven't heard anything back yet. Looking forward to getting the unit. Let me know what else you need from me ordering wise.