tilton 3 pedal floor mount

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
gumby510

tilton 3 pedal floor mount

Post by gumby510 »

Hello,

Ive had a hard on for the tilton 3 pedal floor mount as long as I can remember. All of the builds I've found on 510's have been factory style hanging pedal setups.

Is there a particular reason that the floor mount style isn't used? not a fan of the feel, don't quite fit, don't seem worth the $$$? I currently have a tilton 2 pedal hanging setup (not installed).

I haven't done a mock up yet for the 3 pedal floor mount so I don't know if I would need to notch the firewall or not. Just kind of want to know what the guru thoughts on it is.

my 510 is a mostly street with some track use. 911 4 piston calipers in front and maxima or 200sx(i don't remember right now) rear disk conversion. I have multiple master cylinders ranging from 5/8 to 1in.
Thanks

gumby
71 PL510
92 rhd 180sx
01 s2000 aka skidmark
03 wrx winter car
S15DET
Supporter

Re: tilton 3 pedal floor mount

Post by S15DET »

The problem is in the packaging, the steering components are very close to your feet making a pedal box difficult. I, and others here, use the tilton two-pedal (three masters) assembly with the pedals straddling the steering column. Fit's fine, works fine. I relocated the pedal pads all the way to the left to make more room for the throttle pedal.
Attachments
P8080009s.JPG
P8080009s.JPG (74.64 KiB) Viewed 2475 times
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

There was another thread where this was discussed relatively recently. Total depth of the floor-mount is something like 9" or so...so measure 9" from the flat bottom of your floor pan, then up to pedal height, and this is where your pedals will be. This isn't doable with the driver anywhere in the stock location.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
gumby510

Post by gumby510 »

So it sounds like even with a false floor and my seat is a low position/profile seat it sou ds like my knees might be too high. Ill still do the mock up but it sounds like ill be keeping my tilton 2 pedal 3 master setup. Thanks everyone.

Gumby
71 PL510
92 rhd 180sx
01 s2000 aka skidmark
03 wrx winter car