Rear Coilover mounts

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
Jimmer84

Rear Coilover mounts

Post by Jimmer84 »

Another question for all the smart people here. I'm looking at doing rear coilovers on the rally car to get more rear travel and eliminate coil spring bind at full compression. I'm concerned about the lower mounts. What have people done to strengthen this mount?

Thanks!
Jim S.
Driver-Gravelspec Rallysport Datsun #510

www.facebook.com/gravelspec
Byron510

Re: Rear Coilover mounts

Post by Byron510 »

There is only one member here that has used a Troy Ermish coil over kit on a rally car - Derrek. The car did complete the Targa Newfoundland one year, and he has done many central California track days since then.

It's about as much abuse as I've seen on a good coil over set up.

I have seen one other car here where a secondary bracket was designed to put the stock shock mount in double sheer, but I don’t remember where I saw it... Brad maybe???

I have also been thinking about purchasing Troy’s set up for my Bronze car, but have yet to bite the bullet. I too am concerned about using the shock stud for a primary suspension pick up. However many have done this and I have yet to hear of a failure.

I look forward to the discussion, especially in your rally car guise as it would see the most punishment possible.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.