Brake Master Cylinder Rebuildable?

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
Rush
Supporter

Brake Master Cylinder Rebuildable?

Post by Rush »

When I took my 510 out of it's 17 year hibernation, it had no brakes. I don't know if this is because the BMC is bad or if there are rotted lines (I haven't gotten that far yet). I see no scarring in the body, no corrosion and the plunger rubbers are soft & not cracked or damaged. Can someone tell me if this BMC is in rebuildable condition?

It's a stock 3/4 BMC. No reservoir leaks.

Thanks!
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Brake Master Cylinder Rebuildable?

Post by okayfine »

Looks like a good candidate.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Rush
Supporter

Post by Rush »

Great! I'll order the pieces.
Rush
Supporter

Post by Rush »

I'm having trouble finding a rebuild kit (per application, anyway). I keep finding the wrong bore size. I did find a kit for a 620 that is for a Nabco 3/4. Will that work? It didn't list a 510 as fitment, but the pic looked the same as mine.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I wouldn't know enough to say. If the rebuild kit price isn't bad, it would probably be worth the gamble. Bore size is bore size, Nabco should be Nabco through a few year span...
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Rush
Supporter

Post by Rush »

Good enough. I'll give it a try. Thanks.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

The 3/4" NABCO B-210, 610, 710 and S10 (200sx) MC rebuild kits are all the same part number. Not a match to the 510 (which are unique to the 510) but probably contain all the internal moving parts (pistons, springs, rubber cups/seals and valves) to convert it over. The 620 is not even close thought it is the same diameter as the 510. Additionally the 620 is for drum brake all round while the 3/4" NABCO B210, 610, 710 and S10 (200sx) MC rebuild kits are for front disc brakes. The part number is 46011-U0525 about $60
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
Rush
Supporter

Post by Rush »

Thanks so much. I appreciate the information, very helpful!
Jbirds510

Post by Jbirds510 »

Did this work?