Source for new rubber rear crossmember and mustache bar bushings

Suspension, including wheel, tire and brake.
J.T.L.
Supporter

Source for new rubber rear crossmember and mustache bar bushings

Post by J.T.L. »

I'm restoring a stock, street car.

I'm looking for a source for new, rubber, rear crossmember-to-body and mustache bar-to-body bushings. They are NLA from Nissan. I can only find urethane for sale. I'm not interested in welding anything, slotting or penultimate-ing on this car; the original Nissan design is quite enjoyable for me, I just need to bring it back to new. I'm not re-using any other 44 year old rubber on the car, so I don't want to start with major suspension components.

Thanks for any suggestions,
J.T.
72 PL510 4door Blue#645/White "Ellie"
72 PL510 2door BambooTan/White
okayfine
Supporter

Re: Source for new rubber rear crossmember and mustache bar bushings

Post by okayfine »

Good luck. I haven't seen these parts for sale in forever. Might want to try a Canadian dealer as they can order from Japan. While you're at it, contact some of our Norwegian and Portugese members, as they also may have leads that the US simply doesn't know about.

If you don't end up finding any, you could drill through the poly parts to gain some compliance.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Whiteline makes poly bushing for the rear crossmember and mustache bar that puts it in correct position to original. Only issue with these parts is if your willing to use them or not and they won't rattle your teeth at all if going stock street car.

Good Luck!!
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Mustache bar has two sizes of bushing over the years of 510s, I believe Whiteline offers one, but not the other.

Would also wonder how much NVH you'd add with poly crossmember bushings versus the Savage Washer mod some of us run, which compresses the stock rubber into immobility.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

I have a set of new, never opened poly bushings for the cross member if you are interested.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

okayfine wrote:Mustache bar has two sizes of bushing over the years of 510s, I believe Whiteline offers one, but not the other.

Would also wonder how much NVH you'd add with poly crossmember bushings versus the Savage Washer mod some of us run, which compresses the stock rubber into immobility.
Good point! but really what difference are you really going to notice when both setups are solid? The two different mustache bushings for different year 510s can be an issue but I believe the ones Whiteline sells are for the later years. I have a set in my `69 that are a perfect fit.
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
Three B's Racing
Supporter

defdes wrote:I have a set of new, never opened poly bushings for the cross member if you are interested.
From Whiteline or the ones from Top-End Performance?
- John Lennon
defdes
Supporter

Post by defdes »

From Top End.