69 510 rematch

View and post your 510 project(s)
Salty_coco510

69 510 rematch

Post by Salty_coco510 »

What’s up 510 realm been snooping around here and finally decided to join. Here to share what I’ll be doing to my 69 510. Man oh man! What a handful these projects are. And freaken poor planing just made it more complicated. I got the car in 2013 started to work on the engine and 60 bucks later boom boom boom. It started like a champ. I got so excited that I started to strip the inside to look for rust. And left just the dash. Removed fenders so I could work ok repairing them and on the wheel wells. Then I dropped rear suspension send it off to get sand blasted and powder coated. Put on new bushing om cRoss member, LCA’s and differential mustache bar. Also got to remove all the undercoating and repainted it back with some new one. But I’m so dam salty lol that I ended getting sick and and ended being in and out the hospital for while. 5 years later I’m taking on this match again because life interfere with a low blow. So now I’m back to take on a rematch. So enough blah blah blah and here you go hopefully the pics work. And sorry in advance if they don’t.

How she sat for about 4 years. Which if anyone for doors for please let me know I need all 4:/

I stripped all the tape to check my wiring band I’ll have to re re so Lina and plugs and wires again. These are old corroded and some parts melted and brittle.

The after looked a bit cleaner and more decent.

Then then engine bay work was next on my list. I wanted my engine to start nice with out any problems bro fore i removed anything from the bay. So ended getting the engine to start up again and got immediately got ready to remove the engine and started to strip the paint. Aircraft paint remover did the job for me. Strong freaken chemical. Also removed battery tray horn mounts and windshield wiper bottle mount. Now it all primered and want to do some seem stiching. Gotta wait on my bud to do it and hopefully I can show you guys that as well. But for now this is it:)

I have more pics in my old hard drive and I’ll try to get em ASAP since those pics are the ones from 2013 match with the datto.

As for the engine I’ll be dropping a KA24DE then later dropping in the T.

Found a guy selling a track car s13 with a KA24DE and a bunch of other upgrades to a half done project as well. He is getting rid of it and the only thing I would be missing for my swap would be the ecu . Idk if it’s a deal or not. But for 1000 bucks a Engine came out of their dads car and dropped in that shell. Comes with all this and I can sell stuff and get money back :)
It’s the 91 coupe roller with steel brake and clutch lines, hydro e brake, KA24DE with 5MT, excedy stage 2 clutch, S14 5x100 conversion in the rear with big brake kit, MHI 16g turbo (rated for 500HP), welded diff, JDM imported S13 embroidered seats, grant GT racing steering wheel, some drift spares for the rear, and I have most interior pieces sitting in storage if you want them including the full back seat AEM intake, adjustable tie rods, B&M short shifter, oil pressure gauge, water temp gauge, tacometer, and battery voltage, NGK plugs, spark transfer international wires and coil pack, tien lowering springs, I have an extra oil pressure gauge as well and aero motive fuel pressure regulator as well
linnmath

Re: 69 510 rematch

Post by linnmath »

Where are you located? Still need doors?
Salty_coco510

Post by Salty_coco510 »

linnmath wrote: 21 Oct 2018 09:13 Where are you located? Still need doors?
yessssssss Pm me
Salty_coco510

Post by Salty_coco510 »

How it use to look when I first got it

Salty_coco510

Post by Salty_coco510 »

Can anyone tell me what turbo this is? Guy I got the car from said it’s a MHI 16g turbo but I don’t know to much about turbos.

And look who finally came out of the 240 . Time to clean it up and give it another insievtion before dropping it into the 510

Salty_coco510

Post by Salty_coco510 »

A lot of tedious work done but finally engine is sitting in the Datsun won stock 510
Mounts and too KA motor mount brackets
Flipped crossmember
Cleaned intake might be leaving the Evap (any input guys? What tomleave what to take off? ) just want a good smooth running engine. With out loosing to much power. Due to Evap

Leaving the heater hose on Intake as i plan to keep MY heater In the Datsun.

Now I’m just trying to get everything connected and set. So I can test my to see how it runs. Then remove it all and get the body worked on and painted. Closer to finishing now then when i stared. But seriously guys any input is welcome haha.