Lift is in, car in air...

View and post your 510 project(s)
Camano510
Supporter

Re: Lift is in, car in air...

Post by Camano510 » 23 May 2020 00:03

Quick update-

Since my last post, things have fallen into place. 2 weeks ago, my lumber package arrived. Walls are up and sheeted/nailed off per the plans. Trusses are in the design phase. Trench for utilities is dug. Working on setting power and water in place. Foundation has been back filled. Circular drive at the front of my home has been expanded. My original estimations were insufficient. Had to alter the the diameter a bit. Will test it out to make sure its sufficient. Making changes now is way easier than later....

Heading back to the factory on Tuesday the 26th. Will assess the schedule/workload once I’m there. Need to be home for the truss delivery, so that they stage them as needed. Potential Jury duty on 6/4. Don’t see any real travel in my immediate future, but, that’s fine with me.

Visited the Datsuns in the container while I was gathering framing equipment/tools. Seeing the projects stuffed in there just added to my urgency. Moisture is no ones friend who lives in our project world, and the container is not well ventilated.....

Pics soon....
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project

gooned

Post by gooned » 23 May 2020 13:02

Progress 😎

Byron510

Post by Byron510 » 25 May 2020 13:39

Camano510 wrote:
23 May 2020 00:03

...Seeing the projects stuffed in there just added to my urgency. Moisture is no ones friend who lives in our project world, and the container is not well ventilated.....
I was so lucky that my container was placed at the bottom of a stack, facing north/south with stacks on both sides. and another blocking the sun from the south. It saw very little temp swing, and it was there in that ship yard for 5 years with all my machines in it - no moisture issues thank god! I wax-oiled the hell out of everything - that was a well invested $100 case of preservative. I had one only relay on all my machines go off while in storage. I was very lucky, and I know it!

Let's hope things go as planned for you, and you get your stuff home this year.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.

Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 » 27 May 2020 21:07

Thanks Byron. I am truly looking forward to transporting all the projects, new lift, and tools to the new shop. Ive made a commitment to myself to not bring anything here until the sheetrock and paint is complete. If I don’t, Ill be lured into working on them, before the its finished. (For some reason, the apostrophe on my keyboard has decided to stop working).

Unfortunate times ahead, for many of my factory brethren. Layoffs are coming..... hoping the numbers stay as low as possible.... I’m predicting 30%, when the dust settles. Experience tells me that big reductions and people moving to new jobs means a big increase in my workload. This is a historic event, and the effects will be felt for a long time.

I hope these effect are as minimal on everyone’s lives, as much as they can be.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project