The Greg Terry Memorial Build

View and post your 510 project(s)
okayfine
Supporter

Re: The Greg Terry Memorial Build

Post by okayfine »

Byron, your pictures already show how well your efforts are paying off. The Memorial car looks brilliant.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

Eye candy indeed!!
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
shacks510

Post by shacks510 »

I'm really liking this build. Just like your Bronze, you paid very close attention to detail.
Fivindime

Post by Fivindime »

Wow that looks great Byron really nice work
RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

It's a bit unsettling for me to see a dime so perfect. Back in the day, 68-73 I had never even seen a new 510 up close, let alone look under the hood. I was 17 when I got my hands on my first dime, and by the time I got it the old 68 had long sense turned the odometer over. Having no mental image of a shiny new 510, for me, to see one like this makes it look ethereal, almost unreal.

Absolutely stunning Byron.
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

This will be THE cleanest 510 on the planet, no doubt. It's cool to see everyone chipping in with the unobtanium to do this car justice.

Always happy to see new posts on this thread.
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Camano510 wrote:This will be THE cleanest 510 on the planet, no doubt. It's cool to see everyone chipping in with the unobtaininum to do this car justice.
Yes, the help from everyone is greatly appreciated. Darryl, you are in that group of helpers - I haven't forgotten :wink:

And the kind words are encouraging. Greg was a guy who strove for perfection, so I must do the same on this build to do it justice in his name.

I'll keep the photos coming.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Been a long time since we've seen any new updates......

And, I appreciate the 'nod', Byron, not that I was looking for one!
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

It has been a long time, work is still progressing. I moved into a house from many many years of being an apartment dweller back at the beginning of February, and the modifications and alterations have been non stop. But I have gathered some great parts, including a loop carpet kit and some new door handles courtesy of a realm member. And for the first time in 8 weeks, I will be at my shop to work on the car tomorrow and I'm happy for it. It's been so long, I may spend much of the day just getting reorientated with the project. I will update soon.

Byron
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Camano510 wrote:Been a long time since we've seen any new updates......

And, I appreciate the 'nod', Byron, not that I was looking for one!
Well, anyone who gives a donation to a person only met over a forum deserves recognition and I felt that what you did was well above and beyond. I thank you for your generosity, and this car will grace your driveway one day - hopefully soon :D

Byron
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

It's responses like these, and the progress you share with us that TOTALLY justifies my donation. It's truly my honor and pleasure.

Once it's up and even close to us, my son and I are coming to you! Can't wait to see a NEW 510 in person.
Darryl Cavanaugh
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Oh, and congrats on the HOUSE! That's a big deal!
Darryl Cavanaugh
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Camano510 wrote:Oh, and congrats on the HOUSE! That's a big deal!
Well, slow down on that one. I wish it were mine, but alas it is not - I'm just living there.
Even in the suburb of New Westminster, this nearly original 1100 sft house built in 1953 is worth over $800K. I make a pretty fair wage, but I can't carry a mortgage like that! My wife and I made a decision 7 years ago - kids or house. We chose the former and are very happy for it.

But just the same, the house needed a lot of work - it's long term so I decided to make changes, even if it was on my own dime.

Thanks for your thoughts anyways though.

Byron
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

So what's the monthly rent?? WOW! 800k!! that's really expensive!
jason
Supporter

Post by jason »

Real estate around these parts is stupidly expensive, I was looking at a couple of new build 3 bedroom rowhome/townhouses for my cousin, about 1200-1400 square foot, 2 car attached garage here in Richmond and Burnaby, $450K to $530K .... How in the hell is a family supposed to get started with prices like that?
Jason