PoorMtnKids 70 2DR

View and post your 510 project(s)
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Re: PoorMtnKids 70 2DR

Post by PoorMtnKid »

okayfine wrote:There has been mention and links to a molded 510 carpet. I don't know anyone that's purchased it.
Ahhh the unicorn huh? Lol
looking for pass. side arm rest
510wizard
Supporter

Post by 510wizard »

Looks great in that Vegas sun!
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I need to go back to verifying my links and memory before posting. The main return for molded carpet for the 510 now only lists "cut and sewn" carpet when you click on it.

http://www.stockinteriors.com/items.asp ... 510_Carpet

They talk about molding it in the link, but that's not what you can buy, so...

Says molded here, but no pictures:
http://www.andysautosport.com/carpet_ki ... n_510.html
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I used that carpet in the coupe, it fit pretty good, little trimming and it goes right in. I was happy with it.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

At $159, it seems like a good price.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
RONSLYCHUK
Supporter

Post by RONSLYCHUK »

I used the stock interiors kit. I would rate it a 9 out of 10.
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

I ordered the kit so it should be here tomorrow. Over the weekend I started to install my head liner. Along with that I got my rubbers from datsport started. The trunk, or "boot" as they call it is in and the main door seals are in. Its getting closer to being back on the road!
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

Got around to installing my fuel cell. Due to starvation issues and my shitty weld job of the 300zx pump to the stock tank, I decided to have one custom built to fit the stock mounting location. If I knew Julian was going to be selling his I would have totally swooped that monster up. This one by my calculations should be 10.5 gallons or so.

Only thing I need to do is mess with the filler neck to get it to mount right. BP Joel allowed me to test fit with his all rubber one that was took short, so that one may b perfect. Going to Washington DC tomorrow night so I will mess with it more next week.

PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

I was so close to getting my car back on the road for "510 Day". I worked on buffing out my chrome trim for the windows and getting those installed. Installed door handle on the passenger side and also the side mirrors for both sides. All panels are in except for the driver side due to needing to install the new door handles. After getting my fuel cell buffed out and installed I worked on the fuel pump and lines. I got everything mounted the way I wanted. Put in about 3 gallons of gas and went to start. After letting the pump prime we noticed no fuel was getting pumped into the inline clear fuel filter before the pump. Low and behold the pump was bad which was purchased from Jegs!! So I have to send that back and get a new one.

Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Love the wheel/tire combo with that stance - looks great.

Look forward to the updates.

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

do you have a pic of the clear fuel filter? are you sure it's rated for high pressure fuel injection? just curious, I was thinking about getting one too. Thanks.....
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

goichi1 wrote:do you have a pic of the clear fuel filter? are you sure it's rated for high pressure fuel injection? just curious, I was thinking about getting one too. Thanks.....
The fuel filter or the pump being rated for High Pressure? The pump is, it was sold as an EFI fuel pump. Here is a link to the filter- http://www.jegs.com/i/Fram/410/G3/10002/-1
PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

Byron510 wrote:Love the wheel/tire combo with that stance - looks great.

Look forward to the updates.

Byron
Thanks! I got a new pump coming here by Wednesday from jegs. So hopefully I can get it running so I can take some pictures out in the sunlight.
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

Yea, I was talking about the clear filter, I would not use that filter for a fuel injected car, the pressure is too high for that. You should get a filter rated for a the pressure. You don't want a line to blow off or the plastic to crack, that could be bad. I am pretty sure the filters on injected cars have more filtering capability too.

EDIT: I read back through, I see that you put it before the pump. Not sure I would still use it, but maybe it will be ok.
Sleepys-14

Post by Sleepys-14 »

Also, if you are only using a high pressure pump to pull the gas out of the tank, those pumps don't really work for that. They don't have the ability to pull fuel in. You would need to have a pump like this to supply fuel to your high pressure pump.

https://www.pegasusautoracing.com/produ ... RecID=8462

Plus this one has the flow through design, where fuel can flow through it when it is off also.
Beer... The cause of, and solution to, all of lives problems- Homer Simpson