My 71 remodeling

View and post your 510 project(s)
MylilDime

Re: My 71 remodeling

Post by MylilDime »

The dime's handling is decent, the weight of the engine had offset the balance quite a bit, really stiff coilovers are in to try to compensate as well as struts and braces and sway bars. As far as the cosmetic side, it took me about a month. it took me a while since I don't have that much free time due to work and other things. I usually spend about 5-10 hours a week on it. For now it's just a fun car to whip around town in. Eventually I would like to turn it into a canyon runner. I don't do much autox or race, defintely not a show car, more of a joyride around town and the occasional drive in the twisty mountains.

dmonares: yes that's the original owner's car. I was the one brave enough (or dumb enough as others has pointed out lol) to tackle the car where he left off. The setup this dime had prior to its current setup is wicked. But since then, it has been toned down quite a bit. When purchased, there were little hicups here and there, but nothing too serious. Since purchase and before the remodeling, I took the time to sort through all the little issues it has and got it to the point where it is running great. It is decently fast in a stright line and decent through the corners. Eventuall, i'll have a lot of the stuff redo and replace so that I can keep track of things for when things goes south. At the moment, when something goes wrong...i find myself scratching my head more than fixing it lol.
Camano510
Supporter

Post by Camano510 »

Cool project.

Nice to see the 'it'll ruin the handling' swap in, and functional.

Saw something I thought I should mention. That hose that runs along the top of the core support. Not sure if its an issue, but I think I'd want to secure it away from that edge. It woul dbe slow to wear through, and I'm sure it would wait till you were 1) in the middle of a nice freeway back-up, or 2) far away and by yourself, in the middle of nowhere.

Keep it up!
Darryl Cavanaugh
"There is no such thing as free school. Every lesson learned cost me some form of 'tuition'. Time, money, or pain. Sometimes all three".
71 510 2dr father/son project
Datsunkid-510-

Post by Datsunkid-510- »

I love the louvered hood. Car looks good, good job!
Good Sellers: Abe Froman, Troy Ermish, Engineered Datsun Products,

Bad Sellers: Fazzt73, Too Intense Restoration.

Good Buyers:ThisIsMatt

Bad Buyers: