View and post your 510 project(s)
topher88

Re: Topher, SR 72

Post by topher88 »

Cracked manifold but got it fixed

Cracked maf adapter but got a metal one

New vs old

Had an exhaust leak but fixed it

Buddy of mine fixed my afc. Ps he has my dream car....

From Nissan motorsports Facebook

Still have a small exhaust leak so as soon as I get a chance I'm going to change out to a log style manifold. Also need to raise my rev limiter to about 7800 to get a little more power. I had everything balanced so just need a little more juice. Also may change out a few things on the turbo

topher88

Post by topher88 »

RonM
Supporter

Post by RonM »

Your little dyno-vid sounds like a fat wad of bliss man, and those are some seriously respectable numbers. I'm shocked by how linear your power curve is. it looks like there's no turbo lag at all. On the graph I can also see you're developing HP right up to redline with no fall off. I don't remember, is your valve train stock and if so, do you think it's worth the risk of pushing it to 7800 chasing after a few more ponies at the top end? That could be spooky :shock:
Sometimes people loose touch with subjectivity, because they've got they're heads stuck too far up they're own,,, Reality.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

I like that stripe work!
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
topher88

Post by topher88 »

mcmahonbj

Post by mcmahonbj »

This is almost exactly how I want mine to look once I can source one! Can't wait to see more progress. Anyway to make the 510 hood flip open like the one on that Hakosuka?
shacks510

Post by shacks510 »

mcmahonbj wrote: Anyway to make the 510 hood flip open like the one on that Hakosuka?
If you can make a 510 do this ( with some minor front end mods ), then you can make the hood open reversed, yes.
17flip_hood_510.jpg
17flip_hood_510.jpg (23.99 KiB) Viewed 4524 times
Something I might have to do, simply because it's f-word BADASS!
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

You could turn the car into a Transformer. Just a matter of money and talent. Front-hinge hood would be easier, but you still need money. And talent.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
mcmahonbj

Post by mcmahonbj »

That could be doable my buddy did a front hinged hood on his VW GLI. Might have to enlist his help when that time came.
topher88

Post by topher88 »

Lets get back on topic guy.. Pm each other instead.
topher88

Post by topher88 »

Picked up these at the eagle rock swap meet. They are getting polished as I type. These are 15x8.5 and I plan on fitting them on the rear of the 510 with a little massaging of the rear fenders lol

okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

That's some right-proper dish, that is. Please document the mods and installation!
topher88

Post by topher88 »

PoorMtnKid
Supporter

Post by PoorMtnKid »

Looks like some of those pics were at the speed ventures event. I was there on Sat.
looking for pass. side arm rest