Topher, SR 72

View and post your 510 project(s)
topher88

Re: Topher, SR 72

Post by topher88 »

So today I got around to doing my rear coilovers and tomorrow I'm going to do the mini tub so I can get some traction.

Old and busted

New hotness

ImageImageImageImage
topher88

Post by topher88 »

here are the shocks

i did one side of the mini tub today

cut out alot

i like the fitment alot better without so much camber. i love camber but with around 400 whp i need traction

new fans shroud :-)buddy is going to cut out for the fans and two high speed flaps tomorrow

got my new remote small master cylinders today

topher88

Post by topher88 »

Pulled stuff out

Mounted MC

Cut shit and re mounted

Took out and cut more shit and fits nice. Almost at stock locations. Peddles are going to need to be cut and welded to fit where I want them

Plenty of clearance

Installed down pipe.. Again

topher88

Post by topher88 »

Home made shift stick

Mounted and new oil pressure gauge

All welded up

gona 45 my filter and add a little bit of 4' aluminum tube to get it farther from the radiator fan heat

ran my remote oil filter lines

made a fuel cell vent

this is how the break reservoirs are going to sit

johnbureezu

Post by johnbureezu »

Pretty rad!
http://easytunegarage.blogspot.com/
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Nice..I would have mounted that oil filter the other way around, it is going to be messy when you unscrew that thing.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
topher88

Post by topher88 »

bertvorgon wrote:Nice..I would have mounted that oil filter the other way around, it is going to be messy when you unscrew that thing.
My thinking is that it will drain itself so it should be a pretty clean changes
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Many filters have anit-drainback flaps, and with upside-down mounting you can prefill as well.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
topher88

Post by topher88 »

So what you guys are saying is its going to be a mess every time I do an oil change... Hmm may have to re think the relocation
goichi1
Supporter

Post by goichi1 »

I think that if you drain the oil pan first you should be ok, all that oil should gravity drain with the oil pan drain. I doubt you would spill a drop changing the filter.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Looks like you may need to mod the floor a bit to get more clutch pedal travel. What length pedals did you choose?
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

I dunno, I have never seen an oil filter in this position NOT have some residual oil in it. All you can do is try it, make sure you have some rags and Brake-clean ready to go.
Your engine compartment is so nice, that you don't want to end up with the oily grime building up in the frame rail seams over time, then it just weeps out forever.
I just know that at Specialty, Andy always designs the filter systems to be hung down.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

My RX4 had the the filter vertical like this, and an oil change wasn't complete without a wash of the engine. The oil doesn't drain back...

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

Or you could just make a bowl the filter sits in/bolts through with a hose draining to the original fuel pipe inlet through the inner fender :mrgreen:
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson
topher88

Post by topher88 »

I can always just move the oil filter lol. Ill give it a shot this way and if it ends up being too much of a hassle I can change it up... Also I have been told since my motor is fresh I shouldn't run my remote oil filter at first since it will take a little longer to get oil pressure built up. What do you guys think?