- Wasn't expecting so little steel and so much bog/rust
- Didn't expect to replace both floors/tunnel to do an engine swap
- Didn't think I'd need to build a new radiator support to offset the radiator
- Hadn't expected crash damage
- Completely forgot how anal I could be
Well my eldest who was 2 when I got this car turns 7 tomorrow so thought it fitting to remind myself of a few old naive posts.
Plans for this car are a quick (like to get it on the road late next year) and cheap build to give me something to enjoy while the Z sits in modification jail.
This man had a Crystal ball!26-09-12
I'm not so sure about the "optimistic" quick and easy build statement.
Always fun nonetheless!
Still doing body work, ha.03-02-13
Cheers mate, hope to have body work done by March/April.
the original plan was a quick and cheap build that was going to be 12-18 months. Which if you go by my first post would put me at around October last year to March this year.
First engine start
Congrats bud. Downhill from here
Pretty much a black hole end of 2015 through early 2017 due to various other projects.16-05-15
Drove out of shed under own power.
One thing I'd do differently, build in a bigger shed with another hoist as a car on your hoist for 5+ years is not cool. Ha.