- Wasn't expecting so little steel and so much bog/rust
- Didn't expect to replace both floors/tunnel to do an engine swap
- Didn't think I'd need to build a new radiator support to offset the radiator
- Hadn't expected crash damage
- Completely forgot how anal I could be
Well my eldest who was 2 when I got this car turns 7 tomorrow so thought it fitting to remind myself of a few old naive posts.
Plans for this car are a quick (like to get it on the road late next year) and cheap build to give me something to enjoy while the Z sits in modification jail.
I'm not so sure about the "optimistic" quick and easy build statement.
Always fun nonetheless!
This man had a Crystal ball!
Cheers mate, hope to have body work done by March/April.
Still doing body work, ha.
the original plan was a quick and cheap build that was going to be 12-18 months. Which if you go by my first post would put me at around October last year to March this year.
First engine start
Congrats bud. Downhill from here
Drove out of shed under own power.
Pretty much a black hole end of 2015 through early 2017 due to various other projects.
One thing I'd do differently, build in a bigger shed with another hoist as a car on your hoist for 5+ years is not cool. Ha.