2.3L of fun

View and post your 510 project(s)
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

2.3L of fun

Post by funwithmonkeys »

I bought my first 510 a month ago after years of drooling over them. I have plans for her one little thing at a time.The first thing I did was put in a weber 32/36 carb. It made a huge difference in the way it drives. It really brought the car to life. this weekend a took care of a couple of small items...new hood release cable and antenna and got a autometer tach ordered from Lordco. There are lots more parts on the way already but they will be put in over the next few months so I have some projects for the weekends and get a chance to feel the difference in the car after each item is put on to make sure the project is going in the right direction.
Last edited by funwithmonkeys on 07 Jan 2015 13:23, edited 2 times in total.
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Re: It begins with the small stuff

Post by funwithmonkeys »

here she is the day I brought her home
Attachments
40.jpg
40.jpg (199.47 KiB) Viewed 14030 times
IMG_00000989.jpg
IMG_00000989.jpg (231.55 KiB) Viewed 14030 times
IMG_00000988.jpg
IMG_00000988.jpg (625.88 KiB) Viewed 14030 times
If no one from the future comes back to stop you from doing it then how bad of a decision can it really be?
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

The New weber installed and running great
Attachments
IMG_00001132.jpg
IMG_00001132.jpg (677.99 KiB) Viewed 14030 times
KoHeartsGPA

Post by KoHeartsGPA »

I love the "General Lee" style rims! :-)
Diego.
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

This weekend I got to a couple of little bits that needed doing. Cleaned up some messy wiring, installed an Autometer 2 5/8" tach and replaced the sketchy battery cable.
Next weekend the old girl will get a new rad.
Attachments
IMG_00001148.jpg
IMG_00001148.jpg (637.78 KiB) Viewed 13899 times
IMG_00001149.jpg
IMG_00001149.jpg (599.44 KiB) Viewed 13899 times
the new tach installed
the new tach installed
IMG_00001150.jpg (636.82 KiB) Viewed 13899 times
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Its been a while since I've posted on my build. I've done a bunch, Just haven't had time to take pictures and post about it. I'll get to the pictures when it stops raining one of these days. I now have a 3 core Champion rad with electric fan, Troy Ermish long tube ceramic coated header with 2" exhaust and a disk brake setup on the rear. This weekend the old girl is finally getting a 5 speed put in with aluminum flywheel and stage 1 ceterforce clutch. Hopefully in the next couple of weeks I'll get the techno toys lower control arms, camber plates and coilovers with the 200sx struts and 4 piston volvo calipers put on.
datzenmike
Supporter

Post by datzenmike »

Please rid your self of that fram filter. Get something like NAPA gold or Wix. Fram are only good for masking the oil filter boss when painting the block.
"Nissan 'shit the bed' when they made these, plain and simple." McShagger510 on flattop SUs
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

datzenmike wrote:Please rid your self of that fram filter. Get something like NAPA gold or Wix. Fram are only good for masking the oil filter boss when painting the block.
It is on the way out, I have to put on a new oil pan gasket and am waiting till I do that to change the filter and oil.
two_68_510s
Supporter

Post by two_68_510s »

datzenmike wrote:.... Wix. Fram are only good for masking the oil filter boss when painting the block.
:lol: :lol: 8)
Joel

2 '68 510 2 door sedans
'95 240SX

“We will either find a way, or make one.” – Hannibal
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Maybe you weren't finished when you took the pictures..I'm sure that's the case, but, I don't see a vacuum line from the carb to the distributor. Or, a vacuum cap plug on the carb.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

bertvorgon wrote:Maybe you weren't finished when you took the pictures..I'm sure that's the case, but, I don't see a vacuum line from the carb to the distributor. Or, a vacuum cap plug on the carb.
the vacuum line comes off the passenger side of the carb and there is a plug on the drivers side. I couldn't remember doing it but apparently I did.
Three B's Racing
Supporter

Post by Three B's Racing »

Very clean 510 indeed, nice buy!!! If you're interested, I have a very clean non cracked and straight OEM top dash to replace your cracked one.

Lou
"Lastnight the wife said oh boy when your dead you can't take nothing with you but your soul oh "Think"
- John Lennon
funwithmonkeys
Supporter

Post by funwithmonkeys »

Three B's Racing wrote:Very clean 510 indeed, nice buy!!! If you're interested, I have a very clean non cracked and straight OEM top dash to replace your cracked one.

Lou
I may be interested in it. I was thinking about doing something about it in the spring. Let me know what you want for it and maybe we can work something out.
S15DET
Supporter

Post by S15DET »

Great looking car. It's a '69 for the most part, but missing the rear round quarter lights. Is there evidence of the holes being welded up in the inside of the trunk? I've always liked the look of those wheels on a 510. Nice color too. Great find!
okayfine
Supporter

Post by okayfine »

It's got most of the '69 bits...but that fuse box isn't. Strange mix. Fuse box is NBD, could have been changed out, but the lack of rear marker lights would have taken a bit of work.
Because when you spend a silly amount of money on a silly, trivial thing that will help you not one jot, you are demonstrating that you have a soul and a heart and that you are the sort of person who has no time for Which? magazine. – Jeremy Clarkson