Project 'Redalious"

View and post your 510 project(s)
missan

Project 'Redalious"

Post by missan »

Hello, so I've decided to start a project build of my 71 2 door "Redalious". It had a KA24De and then I wanted something different. So I started collecting new parts, first the S14 SR20DET motor set, new intercooler, radiator , turbo , injectors and so on.. It then went off to Big Time Motor Sports for the fittment of the intercooler and radiator, where Tyson did an amazing job on the engine bay. I then redid almost everything, from new brakes to complete wiring job and wiring tuck with new connectors and wires. Here are some pictures of the car. It is now in driving condition. still has some small issues to complete the car. I will post more pictures of the car when I have more time. Image R31 Struts sourced from Datsport with Mr2 inserts and 275 lb struts Image Image Image Image custom parking brake cables.
Byron510

Re: Project 'Redalious"

Post by Byron510 »

Looks really good Mandeep.

That's quite the E-brake mechanism - what calipers does this use - who's fabrication is this, and how does it connect back to the e-brake single cable?

So, will the car be out this year?

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
bertvorgon
Supporter

Post by bertvorgon »

Yup, looks really good.

One thing, if you do drive the car really hard, keep an eye on those pot metal wheel spacers.
I'm just not a big fan of those as we have seen them crack.
"Racing makes heroin addiction look like a vague wish for something salty" - Peter Egan

Keith Law
1973 2 Door Slalom/hill climb/road race / canyon carver /Giant Killer 510
1971 Vintage 13' BOLER trailer
OUTthere

Post by OUTthere »

What are the specifics of the rims? What size rim would you need to avoid the use of spacers?

I know the shape of the spokes are really important, found that out the hard way. :evil:
missan

Post by missan »

Byron, the calliper that I used is made by IPS callipers . I did all the engineering and fabrication myself. The great thing about these callipers are they are light weight , I provided the manufacture the specs of the disc and they made the calliper accordingly so that there is little leverage used when engaging the callipers. If I can remember there is only about 10 to 20 th space between the disc and the pad when the calliper is not engaged. You can also centre the calliper over the disc with adjustment screws incase your bracket is not mounted completely square and centred, also these callipers have a return spring to bring the pads away from the discs when released unlike the willwoood callipers which chatter, As far as those spacers go, they are just temporary so that I could get my wheels to fit over the brakes. In fact I have material at home to machine some. They are not priority. Lastly those wheels are 16x7 22mm offset and as I calculated the best offset in 16" rims would be a 27mm offset. It was the design of the spokes that did not clear, otherwise they fit perfectly, with the R31 struts and 200sx hubs . Anyways here are some more pictures of what I was working on next after the brakes.Image LHD SSS gauge cluster for a almost stock look.Image mounting the tach and speedoImage measure twice and cut onceImage my dad machining all the mounting collars for the rest of the gaugesImage all gauges mounted ready for wiring Image almost ready for installation. BTW all the gauges are VDO because they closely resemble stock gauges.
Mattndew76
Supporter

Post by Mattndew76 »

Very clean work. keep those updates coming.
An Idea doesn't work unless you do.
greenthumb

Post by greenthumb »

nice to see you posting Mandeep! Your work is truly meticulous and outstanding. The cluster pics show some of the attention to detail, but there is so much more. Beautiful work. Hope you get it out on the road this year
missan

Re: Project "Redaliuos"

Post by missan »

Thank you for the compliments !! I just wanted to achieve what I envisioned and almost gave up a few times. A lot of hard work, support from my better half, friends and being persistent. Anyways after working countless hours on the gauge cluster I took some time to polish my down pipe and exhaust which I patiently waited after getting it from TSR fabrication. Mario assured me it will fit . It fit perfectly and the installation only took me about 2 hours under my car which was on jack stands. ImageImageImageImage[img]http://i1282.photobucket.com/albums/a53 ... f7.jpg[IMG][
missan

Post by missan »

here one more picture of the exhaust installedImage
toylet
Supporter

Post by toylet »

Hello Mandeep
Your car is beautiful!
What/where did you get the parking brake brake cables from?

thx
missan

Post by missan »

Thanks !! those cables are custom made to my specs by datsport. They are made by the same company that makes cables for nissan in Australia according to Baz and they weren't hard on the pocket. They look just like factory.
indy510

Post by indy510 »

missan wrote:here one more picture of the exhaust installedImage
Damn this picture really confused me .. :shock: ... I was gonna say your directional tire is backwards, but then I saw the exhaust on the passenger side ... :lol:
tycot1
Supporter

Post by tycot1 »

looks good. exhaust is on the left side and tire is backwards.
http://bigtimemotors.ca 1972 datsun 510 220 hp ka "couped", 1971 510 westwood champ gt4 '81& "83, 1979 550 hp trans am, 1962 cadillac hrdtp, 2005 subaru sti, 1999 triumph daytona 955i.
Byron510

Post by Byron510 »

Ok, when Mario puts your name on his plate, then I know you've been a bit more than a casual customer :-D

Great to see the finished product on the LHD SSS dash panel. I remember you talking about this project a few years ago. Work is very good. I also have the same RHD panel sitting in my stash....

Byron
Love people and use things,
because the opposite never works.
furui kuruma
Supporter

Post by furui kuruma »

I love a clean up-skirt! Nice work. Subscribed!